After a year's hiatus whilst No Fuss hosted the WEMBO World Solo 24 Hour MTB Championships, Relentless Exposure 24 is BACK and it's even bigger and better than before. Once again we are delighted to be hosting the UK Champs for Solos, Pairs and Fours, we know that Relentless Exposure 24 is a not to be missed event.
LIGHTS we have the best LIGHT SUPPORT book your LIGHTS before the end of JANUARY and enjoy a handsome early bird offer. BOOK YOUR LIGHTS
Relentless Exposure has become a classic on any 24 hour MTB specialists calendar, whether your speciality is non-stop riding for 24 hours, or non-stop socialising and swapping riders for 24 hours (if you are taking part in a team!). What's not to like? The race takes place in Forestry Commission Scotland's Leanachan Forest and Nevis Range's World Class tracks, matched with World Class facilities in the beautiful surroundings of the Outdoor Capital of the UK, all the while in the relaxed and friendly atmosphere that No Fuss take so seriously.
Relentless Exposure 24 takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at Nevis Range from 8.30am until 11am on Saturday 19th October, 2019.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information!
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1130am on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend.
There will be a First Aid team on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be limited food at the marshal stations throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes.
LIGHTS CHARGING and Light Hire
There will be a light charging facility available for all riders to use, free of charge provided by the team from EXPOSURE
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities will be available on location.
Please note that prizes will be awarded across all categories, if there are less than 6 riders/teams in any category then this category will automatically be merged with the nearest appropraite category to give a competition group of more than five riders/teams.
The Course will be announced approximately 2 weeks before the event. Expect rocks, roots, perhaps a river and whatever the weather can throw at us.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo Male1) David Robinson - David Robinson
2) creasingmatrix.com / Bikestyle IOM/Active Root - Adrian Beale
3) Hot Pursuit Cycles - Tim Prowse
4) Big in Oil - Russell Gourley
5) justonbike - Justin Atkinson
6) Gordon Anderson - Gordon Anderson
7) I-Cycles - Steven Deas
8) I-Cycles - Lewis Cowe
9) Too Old For This Sh*t - keith Jackson
10) Team Marchant - Danny McGarvey
11) Fishface Cycles RT - Ben Soanes
12) Hot Pursuit Cycles / Specialized UK - Max Suttie
13) PedalOn.co.uk - Scott Chappell
14) i-Cycles - Keith Forsyth
15) Old Man / Gala Cycle Club - Tony Westbury
16) d - David Bowkett
17) Zerotonin - Jonathan Graham
18) Team JMC - Tom Hodgkinson
19) FishFace Cycling RT - Richard Wilson
20) Team JMC/Steely Eyed Clothing - Richie Scott
21) Basecamp Bikes/Merida Bicycles U.K. - Kyle Beattie
22) stevie - Steven Ruffell
23) Road cycling is better - Gerard Dodds
24) School of Mountain Biking - David Murray
Solo Female25) Monkey Face Biker - Nicola Whittle
26) Pedal power - Sarah Falconer
27) Off Beat Bikesi - Nicola Forster
28) MTB Guisborough - Sally Buckworth
29) Team Barnes - Jo Barnes
30) Team GORE / USE/Exposure - Naomi Freireich
31) Team JMC - Karen Price
Solo Singlespeed Male Solo32) Garage Bikes/InGear - Ben Houldsworth
33) Gala CC /Mt Zoom - Andrew Howett
34) Stadium Riders - Andrew Beever
35) Orange Tester Filth - Mark Shepherd
Pairs Male36) JMC/High Fells - Barry Kemp
37) JMC/High Fells - David Gobby
38) PEng = W/kg x Cake - Neil MacPherson
39) PEng = W/kg x Cake - Simon Harry
40) The Young Bro's - Ross Young
41) The Young Bro's - John Young
42) Velo Schils - Wilson Renwick
43) Velo Schils - Kyle Cartmell
Pairs Mixed44) Brown Trow - Nik Turner
45) Brown Trow - David Balshaw
Quads46) Wheely Tyred - Susannah Wilson
47) Wheely Tyred - Yvonne Clark
48) Wheely Tyred - Gemma Bruce
49) Wheely Tyred - Fiona Shaw
50) Loonie Dunoonies - Sara Cairns
51) Loonie Dunoonies - Karen McIntosh
52) Loonie Dunoonies - Jean McLennan
53) Loonie Dunoonies - Angela Kerr
54) Fancy a brew - Mitchell Bryan
55) Fancy a brew - Neil Hutchinson
56) Fancy a brew - Pascal Lally
57) Fancy a brew - Paul Moore
58) Anyone seen ma dummy - Gavin Linfield
59) Anyone seen ma dummy - Colin Johnstone
60) Anyone seen ma dummy - Craig Christie
61) Anyone seen ma dummy - Hendry McNicol
62) Bluewater Bouncers - Geoff Leech
63) Bluewater Bouncers - Adam Rix
64) Bluewater Bouncers - Chris Shawcross
65) Bluewater Bouncers - Aaron Buchan
66) Bluewater Bruisers - Brian Morren
67) Bluewater Bruisers - Scott Philp
68) Bluewater Bruisers - Colin Richie
69) Bluewater Bruisers - Jack Vamplew
70) Immortal Four Pies - Grahan Campbell
71) Immortal Four Pies - Douglas Campbell
72) Immortal Four Pies - Aaron Fullerton
73) Immortal Four Pies - James Sawyer
74) Bluewater Bangers - Martin Thom
75) Bluewater Bangers - Neil Young
76) Bluewater Bangers - Olga Yudina
77) Bluewater Bangers - Darren Bordones
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1130 on Saturday for all team captains/team leaders, although all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader (this will be understood to be No 1 on entry form to handle all official matters including pre event meeting, picking up registration packs, making sure all teammates have correct numbers and have completed any paperwork etc.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing. In order for laps to count riders must pass through the transition area and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with transition officials prior to starting their lap. Please adhere to the NO RIDE RULES in transition areas. Riders should only use solo riders area if they are in that class.
4. If a team member wishes to do two laps in a row it essential that they cross through the transition area to ensure their time is recorded by the timing officials.
5. Each team member and solo rider must complete a minimum of one lap. Teams will be penalized a lap for each lap not completed by each member except in the case of injury which must be reported to race official who will make final decision.
6. If a team member cannot complete his or her lap, the team has the option of starting the lap over with a new rider. They will however, lose the distance and time of the uncompleted lap. The replacement rider must check in with timing official prior to starting the lap.
7. For obvious safety reasons there is no reverse riding on the course.
8. Teammates may cannibalize each others bikes or swap if necessary. Riders may accept mechanical support on the course by any other registered rider, transition and camp areas is the only area where assistance from support crews is acceptable.
9. Riders may accept food and water from anyone on the course.
10. We strongly suggest that each team and solo rider have a support crew of at least 1 or 2 persons who are not taking part to assist with various jobs such as orginsing transitions, cooking and assisting with mechanical problems.
11. Please camp responsibly and be aware of other users in the car park.
12. Riders will require lights, which must be at least 4 watts and be secured to bikes or helmet. NO FUSS will have final say when lights should be used.
13. When lighting is required it will be against the rules for riders to ride with their lights out to save batteries. Riders violating this rule will have their current lap nullified.
14. Only riders officially entered in the event or designated as “Official Course Marshals” may ride the designated course.
15. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike in the race area ( not just when it is your lap)
16. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
17. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
18. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of the solo rider or the entire team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
19. Riders who are riding their bikes have the right of way over those who are pushing their bikes. Where practicable riders pushing should stay on the least rideable portion of the path when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
20. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
21. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to the transition official so that your teams next rider may commence their lap. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a lap time in accordance with your or your teams average times which ever is the faster. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules