Well done to everyone who took part in the 2012 Tour. Provisional Results are here
WELCOME to the No Fuss ultimate MTB challenge for endurance athletes and
people with a sense of adventure
The event is about circumnavigating Ben Nevis starting from Fort William the Outdoor
Capital of the UK. It is a 72km journey of discovery about our wonderful environment,
about yourself and for some we have no doubt, about your bike. It is a stage race where the aim is to gather points from stages and for those at the fornt can be a very tactical race.
It is an opportunity to ride through some of the most rugged and isolated areas that the
Scottish Highlands have to offer. The course is undulating and varied with river and stream
crossings, climbs and long descents.
This is one of the country’s longest point to point events; this course has been described as
MTB Endurance and a Mountain Marathon race all rolled into one. It is tough but it is
However we stress, this is more of an event than a race. Those that are super fit and want to
race hard will not be disappointed and the special timed sections will spice it up a bit and
really bring out the competitors from within. Those who see this as a major personal
challenge will be able to pace themselves and enjoy the history, adventure, and wilderness
of this remote area.
The course will not be littered with signage and support people, it will be left as untouched
as possible to allow you to enjoy this environment in its natural state. With this comes some
personal responsibility, which is a big part of the event ethos. We are taking the bubblewrapping
away and letting you take on this event knowing that you will need motivation and
tenacity to get to the finish line.
Friday 21st September 6-9pm Nevis Centre, Fort William
There is no official registration on the morning of the event however if you are unable to make it on the Friday evening please contact us to make arrangements to collect your registration pack and any briefing information.
At the registration you will receive:
• Race briefing, safety and the latest course changes / information. Including special
• Your personal race number plate and zip ties to attach your number to your bike. The
number must be attached securely to the front of your bike for the entire event. Do not
alter or cut the number plate in any way.
• Timing chip/dibber
For 2012 all entrants will be supplied with a Hog Roast Meal after completion of the event in Fort William High Street.
Cut Off Times - Due to the remote area in which the event takes place for 2012 we are imposing a strict set of cut-off times for competitors and marshals well-being!!
If you have not reached the top of the Mamore Descent by 1230 you will be short coursed along along the Landrover track to Mamore Lodge to continue with the event.
If you are not at the top of the Mamore Descent by 1330 you will told to return by the way you came.
Start Date / Time
Saturday 22nd september 10am
Reserve day Sunday (all race timings will remain the same). All riders must be parked by
9 am to ensure you are at the start line on time. All Riders must be on the start line at
10:00 am. Leave room for elite riders at the front of the start line to ensure you are not in
the wrong place when the start gun goes.
Please listen to the Race Briefing carefully as it contains important safety and or course change
information that you need to know. Route/stage cards will be issued at registration.
Will be held in the evening from 2000 at The Nevis Centre
Fort William is located on the A82 approximately
100 miles north of Glasgow.
From the South
As you enter Fort William from the South, follow the bypass to the first roundabout, go straight through towards Mcdonalds. At the next roundabout take the second exit, Nevis Centre is
second on the left.
From the North
Drive towards the town centre but move into the right lane at the Belford Hospital to pass the turn for town centre, stay in the right lane and take the second exit at the roundabout, towards McDonalds. At the next roundabout take the second exit, Nevis Centre is second on the left.
Please Park at the Nevis Centre where there will be designated parking; competitors are
encouraged not to park in Morrison’s Car Park for the duration of the event.
This event takes place in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland and Fort William town
will hopefully provide you with everything and more that you will need for your stay.
If we can assist please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you do not register by 2100hrs on Friday 21st, we will assume you will not be coming. If
you are unable to make the briefing please can you inform us and we can make
arrangements to get your race pack to you in the morning.
It is the responsibility of the competitor to ensure their bike is road worthy and their helmet undamaged.
Safety and First Aid
First aid will be provided out on the course. Rescue Medics will be providing cover at the
transition and will have trained First aiders out on the bike course.
There will be 5 special stages in the race, each stage is compulsory for every rider. Points
will be awarded based on time for the stage and the person with the total number of points will win the race NB not necessarily the rider who is over the line first. If the stage is missed for any reason the rider will be given zero points that stage.
It will be the rider’s responsibility to ensure that they have ‘dibbed’ their timing chip at the
start and finish of each special stage. At some of the more remote stages the ‘dibbing’
points may not be manned, but will be signed SPECIAL STAGE START and SPECIAL STAGE
FINISH. Please remember to dib!! If you have never ‘dibbed’ before please ask for a demo
Stage 1 WHW descent into Kinlochleven, approx 1.5km steep rocky descent.
Stage 2 Alt Coire na Ba bridge to Loch Eilde Mor, approx 3.3km, landrover track..
Stage 3 Luibielt to Lairig bothy, approx 5.5km carry/climb and sweet descent.
Stage 4 Blue Crane descent Nevis Range
Stage 5 Start to finish i.e. the whole route
Read carefully: Non compliance with any of the Race Rules will result in
disqualification of the competitor from this event.
1. Approved cycle helmets must be worn at all times.
2. Road rules apply at all times, on all private or public roads during this event.
3. Riders must not ride more than two abreast on any Highway
4. Riders must ride in single file if impending vehicle traffic behind you.
5. Competitors must keep as far left as possible at all times, on all roads and tracks to
ensure sufficient and safe passing.
6. Competitors must not deviate from the obvious track or attempt to take shortcuts.
Drafting is permitted.
7. Any competitor withdrawing from the race must inform a Race Marshal at the first
possible opportunity after the decision to withdraw is made.
8. Competitors must know how to fix basic mechanical breakdowns (chain break and
repair flat tyres).
9. You are not permitted to alter or cut the event number plate in any way.
10. Event officials reserve the right to remove any competitor if they consider they are not
capable of safely completing the event.
11. Please do not leave any rubbish along the route. All food wrappers drink bottles, tubes
etc must be carried to the finish line and not discarded anywhere along the route
except at the Aid Stations.
12. Anyone seen discarding rubbish will be disqualified and will not receive a time or
position as applicable (take memories or photos but leave tyre marks only).
13. Participants must avoid stock if possible and all gates must be left as they are found.
14. No outside assistance is allowed by support crews to any competitor and no supporters
will be allowed to follow riders on the course.
15. Competitors must read the pre race course briefing notes supplied at registration.
16. Competitors must obey instructions from Marshals at all times. They are there for
everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
17. You are not allowed to swap bikes. You must finish on the bike you start on, unless you
have had a major breakdown and use a rescue bike from the tail end charlie vehicle.
18. To receive a position you must complete the entire course under you own steam.
19. Teams are not permitted to use any sort of towing device except for towing a team
member that has damaged their bike to the point that it cannot be self propelled.
20. For Team category all team members must cross the finish line together for the team
to qualify as having completed the challenge and for merit prizes if applicable.
21. The last team member across the line will be recorded as the team time.
22. Compulsory gear as per the list below must be carried or will result in disqualification.
23. Entries are not transferable. We need to know who is on the course and what medical
conditions you may have so we can deliver the appropriate response in the event of an
• 2 tubes or a puncture repair kit
• Tyre leavers
• Multi tool
• Chain breaker (learn how to use it please)
• Poly prop / Thermal layer top and bottoms
• Serious waterproof jacket
• First Aid kit (gauze squares, tape, an elastic crepe bandage, sunscreen, anti-chaff
cream, insect repellent).
• Whistle in case you go over a bank, break a leg and no one can see you.
• Survival blanket in case you are there for some time whistling.
• At least one water bottle and sufficient food to meet your individual energy needs
for 5-10 hours of riding.
NOTE: Please comply with the gear requirements. We take your personal safety seriously and
do not want to inconvenience you with gear and bike checks to ensure you have complied
with the race rules. Help us to help you.
Recommended Gear - For cold weather
•Poly prop / Thermal beanie
•Full finger gloves
To enjoy this event you need to be able to keep moving for about 5-10 hours. The fastest
time is expected to be around 4 Hours and up to 8 for those ones trying to get the most
value from their entry fee.
You don’t want to carry too much gear so consider carefully the clothing you need and your
The weather can change quickly from extremely hot to snowing in a matter of hours, so
study the weather forecasts and plan for the worst case scenario from that.
The water in the river crossings will also be drinkable
Food & Drink
Recommended for All Riders
Drink: There are numerous stream crossings that contain safe water.
Food: Please carry and consume enough to get you through the event.
Race start 10am.
For safety reasons we are unfortunately obliged to enforce a cut off times for this years event.
If you have not reached the top of the Mamore Descent by 1230 you will be short coursed along along the Landrover track to Mamore Lodge to continue with the event.
If you are not at the top of the Mamore Descent by 1330 you will told to return by the way you came.
If you haven’t reached the spean bridge end of the event by 1700 we will ask you to return with us in an event vehicle.
If you past these points before cut of time. We will wait for you to finish, so long as you are
making every effort to keep moving.
Route Markings / Hazards
There are numerous unmarked hazards on this course, as there should be with a wilderness
adventure of this nature. Potholes, rocks, stock, rutted tracks, steep descents, banks etc are
all part of what is required to be negotiated by the competitor.
Any hazards outside of those expected will be identified and marked accordingly to ensure
your safety. The Course Coordinator does not anticipate any such hazards requiring
The course will not be marked with directional arrows except at critical junctions. The tracks
do not lend themselves to taking the wrong path but where there is major deviation from the
track you are on, it will be marked accordingly.
Event Safety Information
When you are in this environment YOU are the person primarily responsible for your own
safety. We will try to limit the event infrastructure so that it will not be too noticeable during
this event so you can enjoy the course with minimal interference. Please do not drop litter.
You will be a long way from home so you need to ensure that you:
• Carry the compulsory gear as per the race rules
• Ensure you have a well maintained bike
• Have trained sufficiently to ride the distance and stay focused on the hazards and your
own needs for food and water.
• Ensure you complete, on the entry form, any specific medical condition you have that
may affect your well being and or treatment.
• If you come across an accident, you must stop and give all reasonable care that you
can, while sending someone forward (not back) to the nearest Marshal for help. The
• Marshal will call in the situation to the Event Safety Manager so that we can get expert
help on the scene as soon as possible.
• We will have first aid trained Marshals situated throughout the course, in the tail-end-
Charlie vehicle and at the finish line.
Cancellation / Refunds
Cancellation and course alteration
In case of event cancellation visit our web site. www.nofussevents.co.uk
The alternate event day is the Sunday following the official race day.
An alternate course may be put in place by the Course Director in case of extreme weather
and this will involve a to and from course. The entry fee is non refundable, in ceratin circumsatnces we will be happy to transfer the
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo entry1) Standard Life Cycle Club - Andrea Huttner
2) Probably going home in an ambulance (again) - Dot Roberts
3) ATGNI MTB - Jessica Wiegand
4) no pain no punctures - Mandy Prowse
5) Why Why Why? - Natalie Hogg
6) Bear Essentials - Marie-Louise Ridley
7) HPR Deeside - Mona Petrie
8) Black Canon Collective - Marjory Hatvany
9) MBRO35 - Sarah-Anne Keenan
10) Cotic/A Quick Release Holidays - Katie Collins
11) GoWhere - Jane Sargent
12) Go-Where - Aneela McKenna
13) Teambuktu - Jenny Aungier
14) FOX EUROPE / The Development - Angela Coates
15) Ronde riding - Genevieve Whitson
16) Team Hope Factory Racing - Rachael Walker
17) Amy Ford - Amy Ford
18) Active Schools - Roslyn Newman
19) Team Omega - Jo Brecknell
20) Team Berghaus - Jenni Campbell
21) Team Fat Gypsy - Angela Lamb
22) Hervelo - Sandra Scally
23) Moray Minx - Roberta Walker
24) RAF - BJ Doherty
25) RAF - BJ Doherty
26) gonnafinishthistime!!! - Mike Quayle
27) alphatango - Alasdair Tooze
28) Duffer - Stewart Eastaugh
29) Cyclist No. 1 - Richard Fox
30) Andrew Ward - Andrew Ward
31) Thomsons Cycles - Roger Campbell-Crawford
32) Crash n Learn - Andrew Meiklejohn
33) Glasgow Triathlon Club - Sean Webster
34) Neep BOOM - Kenny Mitchell
35) Mat Lovell - Mat Lovell
36) twenty sixer - David Taggart
37) Tinto Hill Runners - Colin MacDougall
38) Just do it. - Jaimie Mccune
39) B.O.M.B.A. Squad - Graham Hanratty
40) 2Guids - Ewan Good
41) Colin Scotland - Colin Scotland
42) Team Barnsley Hospice - Ian Carey
43) The Fallguys - Robert Morris
44) The Fallguys - Steve Gibbons
45) The Fallguys - Steve Greenough
46) Just Me - Trevor Weavers
47) The Lone Sprocket - Michael Park
48) cranky porter - David Porter
49) TNFC - Guy Kesteven
50) indipendant - colin sanderson
51) indipendant - paul allison
52) Paul Innes - Paul Innes
53) And I said Never Again!! - Ken McLuckie
54) Chris Lockart - Chris Lockhart
55) Team neasham - Colin Sanderson
56) Team Dunhouse - Paul Allison
57) Edward Homson - Edward Homson
58) ABC - Mike Milne
59) Trek UK - Andrew Dodds
60) richard sharpe - richard sharpe
61) RNRMCA - Jon Foden
62) JT - Jim Thomson
63) Halifax or Bust - Andrew Henly
64) Haggis Super - Peter Davies
65) Team Glentress Mincer - Andrew Cunningham
66) AMCC - Andrew McClean
67) Plodalot - Nathan Gabbott
68) Perth City Cycles - John McLaggan
69) wideopen.co.uk/Hotlines Europe - Pete Scullion
70) One - armed bandit - Iain Martin
71) Furious Purpose - Alasdair Macniven
72) Bike Shop Hexham - Huw Oliver
73) Dunracin' CC - Jim McDade
74) Double D - Derek Main
75) Double D - David Richardson
76) Ribble Valley CRC - David Kershaw
77) ABC SS - Neil Scott
78) Dulnain Bridge Garage Ltd - Duncan Clark
79) Lone Ranger - Scott Houston
80) Doug fae Dulnain - Douglas Anderson
81) Standard Life Cycle Club - Rick Harrison
82) Whisky Chaser - Martin Walker
83) www.allthegearnoidea.net - James Wearn
84) Cuppa Tea Lad - Andrew Sellars
85) JUST DO IT ATGNI - IAN BOOME
86) JUST DO IT ATGNI - IAN BOOME
87) JUST DO IT ATGNI - IAN BOOME
88) no pain no punctures - James Prowse
89) Noodle - Andrew Clitheroe
90) Chicks Dig It - Gordon Hawthorn
91) veggi might - sheldon kilroe
92) ewanmac - Ewan MacGillivray
93) Team Logotech - Anthony brown
94) Team Logotech - Mark Brown
95) Guillaume - Will Lafferty
96) Team Logotech - Anthony Brown
97) Team Logotech - Mark Brown
98) ATGNI - Mike Hind
99) Meharpal Sangra - Meharpal Sangra
100) Big Al - Alan Cameron
101) Too stupid to give up - Tim Senior
102) me - David Henderson
103) Ross Hayward - Ross Hayward
104) Ian Holden - Ian Holden
105) Team S.P.O.A.D.O. - Martin Cook
106) Team S.P.O.A.D.O. - Gavin Peters
107) Przemek Marek - Przemek Marek
108) Thing 1 - Bob Garven
109) Dezzy - Derek Shanks
110) Go-Where.co.uk - Matt Cox
111) Bear Essentials - James Ridley
112) Hooligan Junior - Dave Jackson
113) redsank - san kapil
114) Hooligan Senior - Keith Jackson
115) Muchty Riders - John Johnston
116) 39 Engineer Regiment - David Jones
117) 39 Engineer regiment - Justin Spreadborough
118) 39 Engineer Regiment - Chris Ackerman
119) 39 Engineer Regiment - Matt Simister
120) 39 Engineer Regiment - Jono Wilkinson
121) 39 Engineer Regiment - Darren Taylor
122) 39 Engineer Regiment - Brian Forbes
123) 39 Engineer Regiment - D Urbaniak
124) 39 Engineer Regiment - Speedy Hadfield
125) 39 Engineer Regiment - Daniel Botteral
126) 39 Engineer Regiment - David Jones
127) 39 Engineer Regiment - Chirs Ackerman
128) 39 Engineer Regiment - K Thompson
129) 39 Engineer Regiment - Matt Simister
130) 39 Engineer Regiment - Jono Wilkinson
131) 39 Engineer Regiment - Darren Taylor
132) 39 Engineer Regiment - Brian Forbes
133) 39 Engineer Regiment - D Urbaniak
134) 39 Engineer Regiment - Speedy Hadfield
135) 39 Engineer Regiment - Daniel Botterel
136) 39 Engineer Regiment - L Adams
137) 39 Engineer Regiment - Waters
138) 39 Engineer Regiment - M Morris Jones
139) 39 Engineer Regiment - PA Turner
140) 39 Engineer Regiment - D Edwards
141) 39 Engineer Regiment - J Hill
142) Young4Life - Jimmy Young
143) supermac - gary macdonald
144) Beakjul boolgool - Phil Hulse
145) Standard Life Cycle Club - Kenneth Pollock
146) Big D - Derek Potter
147) 39 Engineer Regiment - D Spencer
148) DB Riders - Paul Bromley
149) RLSCC / thebikeyard - Ben Neaves
150) HPR Deeside - Tim Mackley
151) Peebles Cycling Club - David Winton
152) Peebles Cycling Club - Richard Semple
153) nineonesix-guiding - Jim Sutherland
154) L3 CAD - Barry Parker
155) survivalisvictory - andrew mcvey
156) whoneedsmates - john o malley
157) P Nutter - Pete Collier
158) Gruinard Bay Wheelers - Peter Collins
159) Solo Sheltie - scott macleod
160) carnethy - Henry Cruickshank
161) Fifeing Eejit - Niall Wallace
162) Westway Wine Alcoholic - mark condliffe
163) Why Again? - Craig Hogg
164) Surging out of Convalescence - Laurie Piper
165) The Quantock Hooners - Jon Avery
166) The Quantock Hooners - Iain Wyatt
167) Team Logotech - Paul Telfer
168) The Quantock Hooners - James Potter
169) Let's hope eh! - John Denny
170) Live in hope! - john denny
171) Something Cool - Martin Keys
172) Something Cool - Keith Fowler
173) One for the Zipper - Jonathan Morton
174) [email protected] - Rick Ornleas
175) The BIG Team - Mike Kennedy
176) The BIG Team - Chris Smallwood
177) The BIG Team - Stu Skinner
178) www.mtbguisborough.com/Bikescene - Rory Spence
179) Glasgow Iain - Iain Kennedy
180) G-Banger - Graham Bottomley
181) Alpha Tango - Carlo Guidi
182) Scotpuffers - Graham Wilson
183) Scotpuffers - David Hogg
184) Team S.P.O.A.D.O. - Krister Bone
185) SWCC/Mt Zoom/Bikefood - Andrew Howett
186) On My Own! - Jim McAra
187) Sir Crampalot - Barrie Kinnaird
188) Sir Crampalots Faither - Jack Kinnaird
189) No-sense-bikers - Ian Harty
190) LABRAT CC - Dougie Philip
191) Plan Dee - Gary Hughes
192) Singletrack bikes - Colin Birrell
193) Team Dee - David Hirst
194) The Braes o' Fife Militia - Colin McGregor
195) jonnybravo - Jonny Henshall
196) The Braes o' Fife Militia - Ken Murray
197) supermac - gary macdonald
198) Hooligan - Mark Crane
199) DVATC - Stef Holland
200) Walkers Cycling - Steve Flindall
201) ManagedResponseMarketing.com - Craig Letton
202) Maciej Garbien - Maciej Garbien
203) Maciej Garbien - Maciej Garbien
204) Walkers Cycling Club - Steve Lockhart
205) iPlod - Euain Drysdale
206) RWD Brakes Factory Racing - MATT BROWN
207) Why T.F. - Jim Shields
208) Mountain Maniacs - Steve Gentle
209) The Insomniac - Simon Brooke
210) MYGAYCAT - SAMUEL JONES
211) velo moulin - greig walker
212) Bikevillage.co.uk - James Davidson
213) Scarlachio's - Chris Morrell
214) Seagal's Fringe - Phil Chalmers
215) I don't do teams! - John Russell
216) Team John - John Russell
217) Single Track Bikes - Colin Birrel
218) Alpine tour novices - Chris Armstrong
219) Team Thrust - Graeme Kerr
220) Team Thrust - Kenny Mumford
221) Long Road to Ruined - Tom Gillibrand
222) i-cycles - Steven Deas
223) Alan Bros - James Sutton
224) Alan bros - Ben Wear
225) andy heaton - andy heaton
226) Don't follow my line - Jim Shields
227) itsanicedayoot - Richard Scott
228) itsanicedayoot - Martin Rae
229) itsanicedayoot - Jon Deighton
230) itsanicedayoot - Alan Cross
231) No9 Dental - Peter Buchan
232) touched by madness - David Allan
233) Muchty Riders - Lewis Marshall
234) whoo-haa rammit - jean-claude van der veken
235) GT Racing UK - Dave Henderson
236) Singletrack Bikes - Derek Lothian
237) Singletrack Bikes - Colin Mackintosh
238) SJH 1 - Simon Hall
239) whats the worst.. - james urquhart
240) The Gingerbread Men - Alex Walton
241) The Gingerbread Men - Craig Wilson
242) Garrion Grizzlies - Callum Ferguson
243) Woo Ha Rammit - David McKendry
244) 2 docs and an invalid - Grant Harris
245) 2 docs and an invalid - Iain Belford
246) Team Dalley - Ben Hudson
247) The Simon Stump Experience (Featuring Kenny) - Kenny Birney
248) The Simon Stump Experience (Featuring Kenny) - Simon Stump
249) The Simon Stump Experience (Featuring Kenny) - Kenny Birney
250) The Simon Stump Experience (Featuring Kenny) - Simon Stump
251) Mad Max - Mark Allan
252) What's the worst.. - Donald MacDonald
253) Teambuktu - Andi Singh
254) Blackhawk bikes.co.uk - Simon Davison
255) Blackhawkbikes.co.uk - Justin Crosby
256) MFCC - Alexander Roger
257) 2 docs and an invalid - Paul Bowker
258) The Good The Bad and The Ugly - gary benniman
259) The good the bad and the ugly - Steve Williams
260) THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY - ANDREW WEBSTER
261) Team Osbark! - matthew osborne
262) Team WIT - Neville McEwen
263) Duffus Express - Matt Hall
264) WTF - mike frear
265) Bollocknack UK - Stephen Foster
266) Here Comes Bod - Austen Bodie
267) One Ton Weekend - Thomas Hetherington
268) One Ton Weekend - Timmy Colebrooke
269) Mo Neep - Barry Coull
270) ABZ MTB - Alex Gordon
271) Flying Hell Fish (AMRT) - Gary Drummond
272) Corran Navy - George Maitland
273) Highland Fencer - John Maitland
274) Team Hope Factory Racing - Rob Jarman
275) Abacus - Mike Pescod
276) Whit.....No again! - Mark Brown
277) ActivityBug - Ben Glencross
278) Team Leslie bike shop - Paul Newnham
279) solo - Paul Whitaker
280) St. Piran pedaler - Steve Long
281) Rupert Lavender - Rupert Lavender
282) BRONEILL1 - Shaleph ONeill
283) BRONEILL2 - Nathan ONeill
284) 3 men and a ginger - David Bewley
285) 3 men and a ginger - Jason Todd
286) All the way! - Adam Leach
287) Piper Down - Rory Campbell
288) mcgrath - Phil McGrath
289) Rule 5 Obeyers - Alan Krichell
290) Big Dave - David Harcourt
291) SSE - Chris Farrell
292) Masters of the Long Shortcut - Keith Hardy
293) Masters of the Long Shortcut - Fraser Millar
294) Team S.P.O.A.DO. - John Shippey
295) three men and a ginger - david mcewan
296) I would love to be sponsored.. Hint hint - Ben Miller
297) Parrot Racing - Mark Brady
298) Parrot Racing - Billy McMillan
299) ABZ MTB - Martin Byers
300) Rule 5 Obeyers - Ewen Alexander
301) BrokeBack Bikers - Simon Hare
302) JammyDodgers - James Curnock
303) JammyDodgers - Roger Kitton
304) The Crowster - Michael Crow
305) Rule 5 Obeyers - Darren Links
306) Better than last year - John Calvert
307) Lochaber Broom Wagon - Nick McArdle
308) T.A.T.T - Rab Hill
309) Snaba - Alex Doig
310) Team Omega - Charlie Brecknell
311) Tea and cake break? - Arran Keir
312) theflyingpaddy - David Cashman
313) top notch bs - nigel love
314) One Hairy Testcycle - Martin Chisholm
315) Basecamp Bikes - Donald Rodgers
316) wardhouse warrior - iain couttie
317) Team Wolfpax - john farquhar
318) Sky Velo - Will Chicken
319) Innerleithen MTB Racing / I-Cycles - Douglas Shearer
320) singletrackbikes.co.uk - David Macmillan
321) 3ft Vert - Gary McIntyre
322) The Other Hairy Testcycle - Colin Hay
323) Tanuki - Bob MacGregor
324) More Nutz than Bolts - Ricky Wells
325) More Nutz than Bolts - William Nicolson
326) More Nutz than Bolts - Iain Nicolson
327) Yet another stroll in the Park - Kim Cameron
328) Team Fat Gypsy - Chris McCahill
329) Sky Velo - Marc Blair
330) Fat Boys Slim - Paul Carter
331) Cyclones - Steve Webster
332) Fat Boys Slim - Brian Bain
333) Fat Boys Slim - Stewart Taylor
334) Clive Coney - Clive Coney
335) team oldyun - ross nathan
336) Raju Sangra - Raju Sangra
337) Alpine tour novices - Liam Jones
338) Alpine tour novices - Caro-lynne Ferris
Please retains these terms and conditions for future reference
Definitions “Conditions” means these terms and conditions of entry for the Event. “Entry Form” means the website pages which must be completed in order to participate in the Event. ”Event” means the event named on the Entry Form. “Event Organiser” means No Fuss Events, a company registered in Scotland. “Fee” means the price of entry into the Event as set out in the Entry Form. “Participant” means the person named on the Entry Form who will be participating in the Event.
Acceptance of Conditions: These Conditions shall apply in place of and prevail over any terms or conditions (whether or not in conflict or inconsistent with these Conditions) contained or referred to in any documentation submitted by the Participant or in correspondence or elsewhere or implied by trade custom, practice or course of dealing. A variation of these Conditions is only valid if the Event Organiser (No Fuss) gives notice to the Participant in writing in any official Event material or correspondence prior to the Event (including via email), The Participant shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions upon completion of the Entry Form.
Participation 2.1 The Participant acknowledges that participation in the Event is physically strenuous. It is acknowledged that participation in the Event will be physically demanding and the Participant is aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
2.2 The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of competing in the Event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions and the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the Event. The Participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to participate, the Participant will withdraw in accordance with these Conditions.
2.3 The Participant agrees to abide by all applicable event rules and regulation. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions. The relevant rules and regulations may be obtained from the NO Fuss website www.nofussevents.co.uk under event specific rules.
2.4 The Participant must present for registration process at the times and on the day as instructed in the Event Information which will be issued by the Event Organiser before the Event.
2.5 It is the Participant’s responsibility to provide and use necessary equipment which complies with rules and event regulations.
2.6 The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event (as initiated by the Event Organiser at its discretion) to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, participants may be instructed to withdraw from the event in accordance with imposed cut off times.
2.7 The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if in the Event Organiser’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other Participants or for any other reasonable reason. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
2.8 While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, the Participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
2.9 The minimum age of entry for events is 16 years old at the 31st December of the Event year. Participants who are under 16 years old on the 31st December of the Event year may race in specific events if identified in the events specific rules.
2.10 All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final. Accordingly, the Participant will comply with all Event rules and all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshals, and safety personnel. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the Event and will have sole authority and be the final arbiter on all decisions relating to the safety, running and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event, the timings/finish times and the placing.
2.11 These Conditions are personal to the Participant and it may not assign any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser. The Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is purchased for personal use only, that it cannot be donated free of charge or otherwise given away for free, and that it is not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity (save as expressly authorised by the Event Organiser), and in particular, that the Entry may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone whether at a premium or otherwise and may not be used for advertising, promotion use as a prize (including in competitions and sweepstakes), travel packages, or for any other trade purposes. Donation, give away, resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation.
2.12 The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant other than set out in clause 4 below. By way of example, and for illustration purposes only, car parking arrangements and issues with hotels, may arise/change but such changes/issues will not allow the Participant to withdraw and nor will the Event Organiser be deemed liable except as otherwise set out herein.
Bookings and Payments 3.1 In consideration for being granted the right to participate, the Participant must pay the Fee by no later than the closing date set out on the Entry Form.
3.2 The Participant shall either (a) complete the Entry Form online and submit it together with payment of the Fee online in accordance with the Event Organisers’ website or (b) complete the Entry Form by hand and fill in the appropriate card details and send it by post. 3.3 The Participant shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event until full payment of the Fee has been received by the Event Organiser. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
Withdrawal, Cancellations or Alterations 4.1 The Event Organiser operates a 7 day cooling off period. Accordingly, the Participant is entitled to cancel his/her application to participate provided the Event Organiser receives written notice of cancellation within 7 days of payment of the Fee (payment being deemed made for the purposes of this clause 4.1 by clicking on the make payment link on the Protx Secure Payment webpage or receipt of the Entry Form sent by post in accordance with clause 3.1 above). During this 7 day period the Participant is able to cancel its entry and receive a full refund of the Fee by emailing [email protected] or writing to the Event Organiser, No Fuss Events, Tigh Mo Mhiann, Croft 48, Banavie, Inverness shire PH33 7PB. The notice must be received by the end of the 7 day cooling off period.
4.2 The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the date of the Event. In the event of such change of date of the Event, and the Participant is unable to attend on the revised date, he/she has three weeks to inform the Event Organiser in writing from when the change in date is announced to receive a refund of their Entry Fee.
4.3 The Participant acknowledges that participant places are limited and payment of the Fee and reservation of the place has an affect on logistics and the subscription for the Event. Accordingly, subject to clauses 4.1 and 4.2 above, the Participant may only withdraw from the Event at any time, subject to the following:
4.3.1 If the Participant withdraws from the Event 90 days or more before the Event he/she will receive no refund but upon request the Event Organiser will provide the Participant with a place free of charge in the same Event the following year, provided such event takes place.
4.3.2 If a Participant pulls out of the Event between 89 days and 8 days before the Event he/she will receive no refund from the Event Organiser but upon request the Event Organiser will reserve the Participant’s entry for the Event which it proposes to run the following year subject to the Participant completing an entry form and paying the applicable entry fee for such event within the stipulated time limits for such event.
4.3.3 If the Participant pulls out of the Event with 7 days or less of the Event or if the Participant fails to register for the Event he/she will receive no refund or reserved entry for any future race or event.
4.4 No Participant shall be entitled to change the race category further to submitting the Entry Form.
4.5 Notice of withdrawal from the Event must be communicated by withdrawing through the online admin service on the event website or by writing to the Event Organiser, No Fuss Events, Tigh Mo Mhiann, Croft 48, Banavie Withdrawals WILL NOT be accepted by telephone. Date of receipt of notice will dictate whether or not a free or guaranteed place is offered for the following year in accordance with this clause 4.
4.6 Should places in any category for the Event be oversubscribed, the Event Organiser reserves the right to either offer the Participant a place in a suitable alternative category for such Event or withdraw the offer of a place.
4.7 In the event the Event Organiser withdraws the offer of a place to the Participant in the Event for any reason at any time it will provide the Participant with a full refund of the Fee, with no further liability whatsoever arising from such withdrawal. Notwithstanding this clause 4.7 no refund shall be made where otherwise set out herein (including for the avoidance of doubt clauses 2.3, 2.8 and 2.14).
4.8 The Event Organiser reserves the right to amend the Event format or cancel the Event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. In the event of the Event being cancelled it shall provide the Participant with a full refund with no further liability whatsoever arising from such cancellation, if the event is changed to another format the Participant will not be entitled to any refund and there shall be no further liability whatsoever arising from such change of format
4.9 The withdrawal policy set out in this clause 4 does not apply to Charity Pledge Place Participants whose places are the property of the charity.
Event Organiser Responsibilities/Liability 5.1 Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions the Event Organiser shall not be liable to the Participant for any liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the Participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (notwithstanding that such loss was within the contemplation of the parties at the date of submitting the Entry Form) arising out of the Participant taking part in the Event or any other matter arising under these Conditions nor for an aggregate amount greater than the Fee paid by the Participant. Without limiting the foregoing, the Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties unless otherwise set out herein.
5.2 Accordingly the Participant hereby expressly and irrevocably renounces, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title the right to any recourse or claims whatsoever against the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, suppliers and/or sponsors and/or persons for whom it is answerable (“Associated Parties”) as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage of whatsoever nature (including any loss of earnings, profits, or pain and suffering) suffered by the Participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents and caused by an event in any way relating to the Participant’s participation in Event, and the Participant hereby undertakes, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title to indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organiser, and the Associated Parties for any costs and/or amount which they or any of them may be required to pay as a result of any recourse or claim aforesaid by whomsoever made. The Participant also agrees to indemnify the Event Organiser and the Associated Parties for any claim, actions, liabilities or losses resulting from any breach of the Participant’s declarations above and/or the Participant’s negligent acts or omissions and/or wilful misconduct.
5.3 Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Event Organiser: 5.3.1 for death or personal injury caused by the Event Organiser’s negligence;
5.3.2 for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
5.3.3 for any matter which it would be illegal for the Event Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
5.4 This clause 5 shall be read and construed and shall have effect subject to any limitation imposed by any applicable law.
Publicity and Results 6.1 The Participant irrevocably consents to:
6.1.1 his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now or invented after the date of these Conditions; and
6.1.2 the use and reproduction of the Participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the Participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
6.2 Any film, photographs (by camera or mobile phone), or any other recording of moving or still picture, and all intellectual property in connection therewith (including but not limited to copyright) shall remain the property of the Event Organiser, and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in the Event Organiser, these Conditions shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof and/or the Participant shall sign all reasonable documentation required to give affect thereto. Accordingly any such recording shall not be used other than for private use without the Event Organiser’s prior written consent.
6.3 The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
General 7.1 These Conditions (and the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the Event. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that in submitting the Entry Form (and the documents referred to in it) it does not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these Conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these Conditions.
7.2 Nothing in these Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties hereto or constitute or be deemed to constitute either party as agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of the other in any way or for any purpose.
7.3 No waiver by either party of a breach or a default hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties and any such waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the same or similar nature.
7.4 To the extent permitted by law all provisions of these Conditions shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision with the remaining provisions if necessary, being so amended as shall be necessary to give effect to the spirit of these Conditions so far as possible.
7.5 These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts.