WELL DONE TO ALL WHO TOOK PART !!
RESULTS ARE HERE
NEW for 2018 is the Runduro Short course option, missing stages 3 and 4 the short course and is just short of 14km. You can also take on the taster which is Stages 1 6,7 and 8 a total distance of just under 12km.
The format is taken from the popular mountain bike enduros, it breaks the route down into stages, so you can race the stages, enjoy the transitions and await your cumulative time for the days racing. Its social, its fun, what will your strategy be?
Fort William Runduro take place on the same weekend of the Fort William Mountain Festival we really feel that you should make a weekend of it and enjoy Runduro, the festival and of course some great Craic and Banter.
WHAT TO EXPECT
· Fort William Runduro route is superb and is held on varied trails.
· 8 timed stages each with its own unique character
· 7 Liason stages between timed stages that allow recovery, analysis and of course a blether with friends and like minded folk. (Although this is not enforced it is encouraged)
· 1 Feed station and 1 hydration station on route, as well as catering provided at the finish.
· Rolling Start between 0900 and 1000 - we recommend the runners who wish to take a wee bit longer select an early start time.
· Sophisticated digital timing system and software .
· Marked and marshaled course to provide support and encouragement.
· A guaranteed voyage of discovery
Great Soup and a warm relaxed environment to compare stage times after the race.
Registration will take place from 0815 at Cotswold Outdoors, 102 High Street,Fort William
All numbers and timing equipment (wrist band and digital timing card) will need to be picked up from the registration desk prior to the start.
Please bring your registration email or ID.
It is recommended that runners arrive at least 45min before the start to warm up and register.
No special kit required – trail shoes probably the best shoe choice;
Appropriate dress for the day dependant on conditions;
A good recommendation would be to have a bum bag or similar containing waterproofs, emergency rations such as gels, and a base layer.
1 Feed stations on route. plus 1 hydration station.
Competitors to set off in clusters of 6 at approximately 3 min intervals
First Start : 0900
Last Start: 1000
8 Races in one – pit your wits against your running friends on different stages where different skills come into play. The steep sharp climb of the Cow Hill, the mountain terrain of heart attack hill and the Ben path descent, or the final sprint stage to the Crannog Pier.
At the beginning and end of each stage you need to 'dib' your dibber - you will be shown how to do this at registration. It's up to participants to manage their time between stages to ensure they are back at the final station at 1400.
The start / finish area will welcome you with a relaxed family atmosphere.
· Runners must hand in their timing equipment to the timing desk to ensure download of data.
Results of the race will be available onsite, and posted online immediately afterwards.
Prize winners will be announced on the day and online 24 hours after the event, prizes will be presented on the day.
· Male and Female prizes will be awarded to category winners .
The Fort William Runduro will need some dedicated training before the event so please prepare accordingly.
· Full medical support will be provided for the event.
· If required please approach the first aid tent or a No Fuss run race marshal.
· If you feel ill on the day or have experienced flu-like symptoms, diarrhoea or a fever two to three days prior to the event, do not run.
· If you start to feel unwell during the race, slow your pace.
· Seek advice early from a race marshal or medical staff if you do not improve
· It is recommended that runners do not use devices with headphones, as they may not hear No Fuss Run marshals' instructions or traffic.
Full Course HERE Red Line Timed Stage, Green Line recovery.
Stage 1 : 0.90km Cow Hill Ascent (King o' the Hill) HERE
Stage 2 : 1.90km Cow Hill 'Gate' to Glen Nevis via Peat Track (The Descender) HERE
Stage 3 : 1.8km The road to Dun Deardil to the Low Glen Road, via the WHW Diversion path (Smash It) HERE
Stage 4 : 1.80km Heart Attack Climb and Ben Path Descent (To Hell and Back) HERE
Stage 5 : 2.60km Braveheart to Peat track via all users trail (Up, Up and away!) HERE
Stage 6 : 1.00km Cow Hill Rd to Peat Track Junction (Short and sweet) HERE
Stage 7 : 1.00km Track Junction to Saltire Rock (Keep Trucking!) HERE
Stage 8 : 0.80km College to Crannog (Sprinter) HERE
PLEASE NOTE ROUTE AND STAGES MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON WEATHER CONDITIONS
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Runduro1) Inverness College UHI - Margaret Andrews
2) Inverness College UHI - Lorraine McDonald
3) Inverness College UHI - Alison Boyd
4) Inverness College UHI - Suzanne Stewart
5) Running Mates - Mairi Macintyre
6) Running Mates - Jackie Carson
7) Team EK - Barbara Kimbell
8) Team EK - Holly Ennis
9) Anne Taylor - Anne Taylor
10) Morag - Morag Gerrard
11) Velo Club Moulin - Jac Marquis
12) Sharpe - Jodi Sharpe
13) Lyndsay - Lyndsay McEwan
14) Claire millar - Claire Millar
15) Team Rum Ham - Victoria Presly
16) moose on the loose - Ashley Robinson
17) Mid Argyll Tri and Cycle Club - Rebecca Hellliwell
18) Mid Argyll Tri club - Claire Harris
19) Linda & Ally - Linda Cunningham
20) Inverness College UHI - Elizabeth Allan
21) running mates - clare fraser
22) Seonaid - Seonaid MacDonald
23) Dinah - Dinah Bosomworth
24) Team Keen Beans - Elinor Young
25) Wabbit nae Crabbit - Sheila Wallace
26) Warrior Fit - Abby Fraser-Davidson
27) Julie - Julie Rennie
28) Just Me - Alison Banford
29) Cairngorm Runners - Zoe Laird
30) Inverness College UHI - Debbie Templeton
31) UHI Inverness College - Nicola Diggins
32) Ballahooligan - Keri Wallace
33) The Lads - Mhairi Sweeney
34) Dark Web Trier Triad - jo cardwell
35) DDMT REDers - Sarah Crowe
36) Oban Mountain Goats (OMG!) - Raeanne Miller
37) Jo made me do it - Lindsay Williams
38) Team HHR - Cath McCormick
39) Jacky - Jacky Preece
40) I miss my bike - Jenni Rennie
41) Forever Elite - Susan Archibald
42) Cobra 18 - Roma Shepherd
43) Wee Mo - Morgane Artacho
44) Where's the bike?! - Helen Palmer
45) West End Runner - Deirdre Harrington
46) Neenie - Susan-Jane Ross
47) Winston - Niall MacBeath
48) Inverness College UHI - Ramsay Wood
49) Inverness College UHI - Kenneth McDonald
50) Inverness College UHI - Paul Moody
51) Inverness College UHI - Robert Boyd
52) Graeme - Graeme Ambrose
53) Ouch my knee - Andrew Merry
54) John - John Elrick
55) Dude, Where's My Mountain Bike? - Craig Arnott
56) Velo Club Moulin - Chris Marquis
57) Win millar - Win Millar
58) Still Game - Paul Corrigan
59) Mid Argyll Tri Club - David Payne
60) Ally & Linda - Ally Cunningham
61) Inverness College UHI - Neil Cleland
62) Mid Argyll Tri & Cycle Club - Hazel Whiston
63) Mid Argyll Tri & Cycle Club - Stephen Whiston
64) Team Keen Beabs - Ewan Murray
65) Skywalker - Marc Cherrie
66) Inverness Tri Club - Matthew Jones
67) Martin - Martin Stanford
68) Warrior Fit - Jamie Fraser-Davidson
69) Wet bandits - Tam Shannon
70) Wet bandits - Tam Shannon
71) Pachan - Patryk Pachana
72) Team HHR - Fraser Mackintosh
73) Cairngorm Runners - Phil Shipman
74) Inverness College UHI - Kenny Templeton
75) No Team - Ian MacDonald
76) Oban Mountain Goats (OMG!) - Sam Jones
77) The Lads - Steven Mackenzie
78) Scrambled Legs - George Reid
79) Safer than biking - Steve Burgess
80) Vegan Runners - Craig Wallace
81) Carnegie Harriers - Steven Honeyman
82) Cosmic hillbashers - Alan Cormack
83) It’s Zoe’s fault - Steven Brown
84) 1photoadayfortherestofmylife - David Maclennan
85) - Calum Oates
86) Just giving it a go - anthony herbert
87) rats - steven rattray
88) Hands solo - Edward Hands
89) Mid Argyll Tri & Cycle - William Halliday
90) GrahamCycles - Scott Graham
91) Gavin Blainey/ NACC/ Let the cramp begin - Gavin Blainey
92) Walsh - Charles Walsh
93) Me - Jordan Reynaud
94) Gnar Beast Send Lord - Eugene Mackie
95) Run wild! - Pete Wright
96) DEE orienteers - Darren Baker
97) DEE orienteers - Elaine Sutton
98) We Only Do Long Distance - Charles George
99) We Only Do Long Distance - Flora Burns
100) Matt and the looky likeys - matt mclatchie
101) Matt and the looky likeys - Anna Paterson
102) Matt and the looky likeys - Barbara McKiddie
103) The Lads - Elaine Boag
104) Califer Mafia - Paul McCluskey
105) Califer Mafia - Siana Hughes
106) Califer Mafia - Louise Mason
107) Headband Junkies - Shari Sidley
108) Headband Junkies - Claire Watson
Runduro Short109) Run Ballachulish/Glencoe - Rachel McKerral
110) Run Ballachulish Glencoe - Zoe Newson
111) Scrambled legs - Catie Clark
112) Scrambled legs - Kirsty Coombs
113) moose on the loose - Theo Laffargue
114) Scrambled legs - Ian Clark
Runduro Taster115) Have a go Fio! - Fiona Seath
116) Proceed with Caution - Katie Penman
117) Proceed with Caution - Jane Smith
118) Proceed With Caution - Amanda Brown
119) Southern Softie - Kate Gray
Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference.
Definitions: “Conditions” means these terms and conditions of entry for the Event. “Entry Form” means the website pages which must be completed in order to participate in the Event. “Event” means the event named on the Entry Form. “Event Organiser” means No Fuss Events, a company registered in Scotland. “Fee” means the price of entry into the Event as set out in the Entry Form. “Participant” means the person named on the Entry Form who will be participating in the Event.
Acceptance of Conditions: These Conditions shall apply in place of and prevail over any terms or conditions (whether or not in conflict or inconsistent with these Conditions) contained or referred to in any documentation submitted by the Participant or in correspondence or elsewhere or implied by trade custom, practice or course of dealing. A variation of these Conditions is only valid if the Event Organiser (No Fuss) gives notice to the Participant in writing in any official Event material or correspondence prior to the Event (including via email), The Participant shall be deemed to have accepted these Conditions upon completion of the Entry Form.
FOR REFUND INFORMATION PLEASE SEE SECTION 3.
1.1 The Participant acknowledges that participation in the Event is physically strenuous and is aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
1.2 The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of competing in the Event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions and the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the Event. The Participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to participate, the Participant will withdraw in accordance with these Conditions.
1.3 The Participant agrees to abide by all applicable event rules and regulation. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions. The relevant rules and regulations may be obtained from the NO Fuss website www.nofussevents.co.uk under event specific rules.
1.4 The Participant must present for registration process at the times and on the day as instructed in the Event Information which will be issued by the Event Organiser before the Event.
1.5 It is the Participant’s responsibility to provide and use necessary equipment which complies with rules and event regulations.
1.6 The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event (as initiated by the Event Organiser at its discretion) to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, participants may be instructed to withdraw from the event in accordance with imposed cut off times.
1.7 The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if in the Event Organiser’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other Participants or for any other reasonable reason. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
1.8 While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, the Participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
1.9 The minimum age of entry for events is 16 years old at the 31st December of the Event year. Participants who are under 16 years old on the 31st December of the Event year may race in specific events if identified in the events specific rules.
1.10 All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final. Accordingly, the Participant will comply with all Event rules and all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshals, and safety personnel. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the Event and will have sole authority and be the final arbiter on all decisions relating to the safety, running and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event, the timings/finish times and the placing.
1.11 These Conditions are personal to the Participant and it may not assign any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser. The Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is purchased for personal use only, that it cannot be donated free of charge or otherwise given away for free, and that it is not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity (save as expressly authorised by the Event Organiser), and in particular, that the Entry may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone whether at a premium or otherwise and may not be used for advertising, promotion use as a prize (including in competitions and sweepstakes), travel packages, or for any other trade purposes. Donation, give away, resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation.
1.12 The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant other than set out in clause 4 below. By way of example, and for illustration purposes only, car parking arrangements and issues with hotels, may arise/change but such changes/issues will not allow the Participant to withdraw and nor will the Event Organiser be deemed liable except as otherwise set out herein.
2. Bookings and Payments
2.1 In consideration for being granted the right to participate, the Participant must pay the Fee by no later than the closing date set out on the Entry Form.
2.2 The Participant shall either (a) complete the Entry Form online and submit it together with payment of the Fee online in accordance with the Event Organisers’ website or (b) complete the Entry Form by hand and fill in the appropriate card details and send it by post.
2.3 The Participant shall not be eligible or entitled to participate in the Event until full payment of the Fee has been received by the Event Organiser. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until the Event Organiser has received cleared funds.
3. Withdrawal, Cancellations or Alterations
3.1 The Event Organiser operates a 7 day cooling off period. Accordingly, the Participant is entitled to cancel his/her application to participate provided the Event Organiser receives written notice of cancellation within 7 days of payment of the Fee (payment being deemed made for the purposes of this clause 3.1 by clicking on the make payment link on the Protx Secure Payment webpage or receipt of the Entry Form sent by post in accordance with clause 2.1 above). During this 7 day period the Participant is able to cancel its entry and receive a full refund of the Fee by emailing [email protected] or writing to Event Organiser, No Fuss Towers, 20 Hillview Crescent, Corpach, PH33 7LS. The notice must be received before the end of the 7 day cooling off period.
3.2.1 If the event is cancelled due to circumstances out of the organisers control then no refunds will be offered. This includes situations such as adverse weather conditions or major incidents.
3.2.2 If the event is cancelled due to circumstances within the organisers control then entrants will be offered a 50% refund. Entrants must apply in writing (via email) to claim their refund. No refunds will be granted after one month has passed from the event date.
3.2.3 Entrants wishing to withdraw must inform the organiser by email. Entry fees will be refunded as follows; more than two months before 75% refund (less any Protx Secure Payment fees), more than one month before 50% refund (less any Protx Secure Payment fees). Less than one month - no refund.
3.2.4 Entries are not transferable.
3.3 In the event the Event Organiser withdraws the offer of a place to the Participant in the Event for any reason at any time it will provide the Participant with a full refund of the Fee, with no further liability whatsoever arising from such withdrawal. Notwithstanding this clause 3.7 no refund shall be made where otherwise set out herein (including for the avoidance of doubt clauses 1.3, 1.8).
3.4 The withdrawal policy set out in this clause 3 does not apply to Charity Pledge Place Participants whose places are the property of the charity.
4. Event Organiser Responsibilities/Liability
4.1 Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions the Event Organiser shall not be liable to the Participant for any liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of business, revenue or profits, anticipated savings or wasted expenditure, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the Participant or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (notwithstanding that such loss was within the contemplation of the parties at the date of submitting the Entry Form) arising out of the Participant taking part in the Event or any other matter arising under these Conditions nor for an aggregate amount greater than the Fee paid by the Participant. Without limiting the foregoing, the Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties unless otherwise set out herein.
4.2 Accordingly the Participant hereby expressly and irrevocably renounces, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title the right to any recourse or claims whatsoever against the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, suppliers and/or sponsors and/or persons for whom it is answerable (“Associated Parties”) as a result of any kind of physical, mental or other loss or damage of whatsoever nature (including any loss of earnings, profits, or pain and suffering) suffered by the Participant, directly or indirectly, or by his/her family or by any dependents and caused by an event in any way relating to the Participant’s participation in Event, and the Participant hereby undertakes, for him/herself, heirs and successors in title to indemnify and hold harmless the Event Organiser, and the Associated Parties for any costs and/or amount which they or any of them may be required to pay as a result of any recourse or claim aforesaid by whomsoever made. The Participant also agrees to indemnify the Event Organiser and the Associated Parties for any claim, actions, liabilities or losses resulting from any breach of the Participant’s declarations above and/or the Participant’s negligent acts or omissions and/or wilful misconduct.
4.3 Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of the Event Organiser:
4.3.1 for death or personal injury caused by the Event Organiser’s negligence;
4.3.2 for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
4.3.3 for any matter which it would be illegal for the Event Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
4.4 This clause 4 shall be read and construed and shall have effect subject to any limitation imposed by any applicable law.
5. Publicity and Results
5.1 The Participant irrevocably consents to:
5.1.1 his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now or invented after the date of these Conditions; and
5.1.2 the use and reproduction of the Participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the Participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
5.2 Any film, photographs (by camera or mobile phone), or any other recording of moving or still picture, and all intellectual property in connection therewith (including but not limited to copyright) shall remain the property of the Event Organiser, and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in the Event Organiser, these Conditions shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof and/or the Participant shall sign all reasonable documentation required to give affect thereto. Accordingly any such recording shall not be used other than for private use without the Event Organiser’s prior written consent.
5.3 The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
6.1 These Conditions (and the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede any previous agreement between the parties relating to the Event. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that in submitting the Entry Form (and the documents referred to in it) it does not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty, understanding, promise or assurance (whether negligently or innocently made) of any person (whether party to these Conditions or not) other than as expressly set out in these Conditions.
6.2 Nothing in these Conditions shall constitute or be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties hereto or constitute or be deemed to constitute either party as agent of the other for any purpose whatsoever and neither party shall have authority or power to bind the other or to contract in the name of the other in any way or for any purpose.
6.3 No waiver by either party of a breach or a default hereunder shall be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties and any such waiver shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default of the same or similar nature.
6.4 To the extent permitted by law all provisions of these Conditions shall be severable and no provision shall be affected by the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision with the remaining provisions if necessary, being so amended as shall be necessary to give effect to the spirit of these Conditions so far as possible.
6.5 These Conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any dispute arising hereunder shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts.