ONLINE ENTRIES FOR THIS EVENT ARE NOW CLOSED!
IF YOU STILL WANT TO TAKE PART IN THIS EVENT PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]
The Dunoon Presents Triathlon is an entry level event that encourages participation of any fitness and ability.
Participant can enter as individuals, or 3 person teams.
With a 400m swim, a 22km cycle and a 6km run/walk it is designed to encourage the ‘have a go’ philosophy and participation will be made up of all ages and fitness levels.
This will be the first year running the event with participants heading to the Dunoon from far and wide to soak up the atmosphere and achieve their goals and enjoy an introduction to multisport and triathlon.
The Dunoon Presents Triathlon is a pool-based triathlon involving a 400m swim, 22km Road bike ride on the coastal road towards Innellan. Finished of with a pleasant out and back 6km run.
This is a perfect and very doable triathlon aimed at beginners and those who are looking for something to keep themselves motivated and fit. The Dunoon Presents Triathlon has only one ‘quick’ transition, between the bike and run, so is even more suited to those just starting out on multi-sport as you get a rest between your swim and cycle!
The aim is to encourage everyone to experience the wonderful world of triathlon and make it fun and rewarding for all competitors. Wether a seasoned triathlete or a first time beginner this race will have something for you.
Although the thought of it may be terrifying a triathlon needn’t be! If this is your first triathlon. Then we think you will love this format to ease you into the world of multi sport events.
We look forward to welcoming you to Dunoon for the first No Fuss Event, Dunoon Presents Triathlon.
The event is based from Dunoon Pier, there is plenty parking around the town centre. Please note participants are requested to drop off cycles at Hunnters Quay holiday village prior to registration. Once registered then participants will be transported to the swimming pool.
400m pool swim - Swim starts 0830 . The swim will be on a first come first start basis. The swim will take place at the Hunters Quay Holiday Village.
You will use your timing chip to start and stop your swim time. The transition from swim to bike will NOT be timed!
After you have changed into bike clothing make your way to the transition area and the start of the cycle. .
The bike section will be open from 1000 , you will use your timing chip to start your bike time.
The bike section is approximately 22km of road cycling. The route is on tarred road. Road bikes, Mountain, hybrid and cyclocross bikes are all suitable. There is no technical riding and the flat nature of the course will inevitably see some fast times.
You will finish your bike section entering transition on the Pier, this 2nd transition will be timed.
You will start your run immediately after you have racked your bike in transition.
Transition Opens 0700
Registration Open from 0730
Pool Open from 0800
Swim Starts 0830
Cycle leg starts 1000 onwards.
Last finisher approximately 1330
Prize giving in transition area 1400
Prize giving will be held as soon as possible after last finisherat the main pier.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Alison Munro - Alison Munro
2) Wee Jinky - FIona Wallace
3) Lesley - Lesley McLuskey
4) Laura Brannan - Laura Brannan
5) Jean M - Jean Mitchell
6) Jennifer - Jennifer laskey
7) Yikes - Seonaid Mclachlan
8) Faith - Faith Dalgaty
9) Cub - Vivienne Dow
10) Jenny - Jenny Brown
11) Maria - Maria Nygren
12) Can I bring my dog? - Abbi Connelly
13) Can I bring my dog? - Alice Connelly
14) Alison Maclure - Alison Maclure
15) ardenlee - Sharon Blackwell
16) Ardenlee - Rebecca McNicol
17) solo - Susan Smith
18) Dawn - Dawn Caunter
19) Caroline Millar - Caroline Millar
20) Spannyg - Gillian Munn
21) Philips - Katrina Philips
22) Anne Buist - Anne Buist
23) Wee Ali. - Alison MacVicar
24) Lisa Dunn - Lisa Dunn
25) Lindiloo - Linda Good
26) Whyte - Rachael Whyte
27) we can always push up the hill - Kate Mcghie
28) Stirling Tri Club - Paula McColl
29) Carly Adamson - Carly Adamson
30) Murray - Christine Murray
31) Neil Stewart - Neil Stewart
32) Johnnie Cowie - John Cowie
33) NL roadrunners - Billy Carswell
34) LLSTC - John Walker
35) Graham Kerr - Graham Kerr
36) Craig Brodie - Craig Brodie
37) Calum Macleod - Calum Macleod
38) Solo - Colin Law
39) ATFC - Steven McEwan
40) Kevin Vincenti - Kevin Vincenti
41) Cub - Paul Reahead
42) SPRA Triathlon - Iain Gray
43) Can I bring my dog? - Steve Hems
44) Can I bring my dog? - Greg Miller
45) Can I bring my dog? - Andrew Park
46) El Beardo - Gordon McBain
47) BioLogic - Hussein Hijazi
48) Broom Wagon Velo - Alasdair Currie
49) solo - Gary Smith
50) David Millar - David Millar
51) Craig White - Craig White
52) David Dunn - David Dunn
53) Naeomi and Rory - David Macgregor
54) Smith - David Smith
55) Whyte - David Whyte
56) Dunoon Hill Runners - Iain Cairns
57) Mark Greig - mark greig
58) Steven Stewart - Steven Stewart
59) Phil Mainka - Phil Mainka
60) Gordie - Hugh McKechnie
61) Dunoon Hill Runners - Alan Forsyth
62) This was a mistake - Andy Revill
63) graham quigley - graham Quigley
64) Trimendous - Ross MT
65) Alastair Baird - Alastair Baird
66) dunoon hill runners - john colquhoun
67) charlie The old coffin dodger at the back - charlie collins
68) charlie The old coffin dodger at the back - charlie collins
69) me - kevin nairn
70) Brendon Wallace - Brendon Wallace
71) Team ORBIT - Michael Healy
72) Team ORBIT - Michael Beech
Team73) The shire tri-ers - Laura Hamill
74) The shire tri-ers - Yvonne Boyle
75) The shire tri-ers - Patricia Anderson
76) Team Munro - Aileen Goodall
77) Team Munro - Duncan Munro
78) Team Munro - Jackie Cowie
79) The three amigos - Charmaine Russell
80) The three amigos - Lester Cheung
81) The three amigos - Joe Marsh
82) 2 Divas and the Dude - Patricia Olde-Olthof
83) 2 Divas and the Dude - David McIntosh
84) 2 Divas and the Dude - Monique McIntosh