Endurance racing over 24hrs, with categories which include solo, pairs and teams 4 or 8. Relentless 24 has become a classic on any 24 hour MTB specialists calendar, whether your specialty is non-stop riding for 24 hours, or non-stop socializing and swapping riders for 24 hours (if you are taking part in a team!). What’s not to like? The race takes place in Forestry Commission Scotland’s Leanachan Forest and Nevis Range’s world class tracks, matched with world class facilities in the beautiful surroundings of the Outdoor Capital of the UK all the while with the recognisibly relaxed and ftiendly atmosphere that comes with a No Fuss event.
RE24 takes place in October, when the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. - after the clocks have gone back, making the night even longer and making the challenge even tougher. It's also close to Hallowe'en, so you never know who or what's hiding in those trees?
Please note early bird price close at midday on the 9/12/16.
Relentless Exposure 24 takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign-in for the event will take place at Nevis Range from 8.30am until 11am on Saturday 28th October, 2017.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and your free t-shirt - don't forget to order yours when you enter!
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1130am on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend.
There will be a First Aid team on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal/feed stations throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes.
There will be a light charging facility available for all riders to use, free of charge.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities will be available on location.
The Course will be announced approximately 2 weeks before the event. Expect rocks, roots, perhaps a river and whatever the weather can throw at us.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo Entry1) Who? What? Me? - Jemma Wheatley
2) Anna Blair/Cyclehighlands - Anna Blair
3) Couch to 24hr - Tom Howard
4) WaltArt / Cyclehighlands, Ballater - Scott Sutherland-Thomson
5) Fast Fraser - Fraser Cameron
6) David Robinson - David Robinson
7) Enjoyro :) - Liam Hutson
8) Chase Trails - David Pearson
9) Chase Trails - Andrew Humpheson
10) cyclehighlands.com - wayne Blair
11) justonbike - Justin Atkinson
12) NETCO - Tom Jenkins
13) Slow Sparky - Grant Gillies
14) It's Just A Hill Get Over It - David Hill
15) One more lap.... - Alan Harbisher
16) Team Hunky - Jonny Kenyon
17) Gordon Anderson - Gordon Anderson
18) East Coast Racing - Lee Bates
19) scottoiler / alpine bikes trek store race team - Craig Hudson
20) 4 more laps than last time - Shaun Cunningham
21) Oulu Triathlon & Cycling - Matti Tahkola
22) Ewen Lamont - Ewen Lamont
23) meet4rides.com - Richard Wake
24) Meet4Rides.com - Kristan Rivers
25) Boaty McBoatface Bought a Bike - steve clayton
26) Patoche04 - Patrick GOUARD
27) Team jmc - Tom Hodgkinson
28) Pigeon Pie - Peter Boyd
29) Team JMC - Richie Scott
30) Yer Da sells Avon - Niall Pairman
31) Team JMC - Carl Salisbury
32) You Can Sport - Craig Coull
33) Simon Rowe - Simon Rowe
34) Recreational Wreckage - RORY MACDONALD
35) 18 Bikes - Ian Fitzpatrick
36) HERBIE'S HILLBILIES.... - Roddy Weir
37) A Goonie - Euan Patrick
38) @RACING - Tom Archer
39) Andrew Hutcheson - Andrew Hutcheson
40) New Triathlon - Blair Cartmell
Pairs Entry41) Garage Bikes - Hannah Collingridge
42) Garage Bikes - joolze Dymond
43) Garage Bikes / Singletrack - Sarah shaw
44) Garage Bikes / Singletrack - Vicki Alker
45) Wheely Tyred - Yvonne Clark
46) Wheely Tyred - Susannah Wilson
47) fish & kiwi - jason hammersley
48) fish & kiwi - john [fish] morton
49) Twisted Cogs - Ben Preston
50) Twisted Cogs - James Jackson
51) Merchants of Pain - Craig ODonnell
52) Merchants of Pain - Richard Skipworth
53) No holiday - scott ramsay
54) No holiday - graham forbes
55) Team JMC - Andy Watson
56) Team JMC - Andrew Burgess
57) Misfitss - Allan Campbell
58) Misfitss - Douglas Hain
59) M.E.T.Athlete meets #justdaestuff - Stuart Macleod
60) M.E.T.Athlete meets #justdaestuff - James McCallum
61) Off-road Virgins - Iain Docwra
62) Off-road Virgins - Ross Flatman
63) 24 Spline - Jamie Hope
64) 24 Spline - Alistair Davidson
65) Special K & Shithead - Keziah Higgins
66) Special K & Shithead - Richard Bannister
67) Racedate App - Find your next event! - Tim Colebrooke
68) Racedate App - Find your next event! - Diana Colebrooke
Team of Four Entry69) wheely useless - tansy grigor-taylor
70) wheely useless - joanna lockley
71) wheely useless - lauren glasgow
72) wheely useless - helen lamond
73) Cuillin Wheels featuring Deeside Thistle - James Stephenson
74) Cuillin Wheels featuring Deeside Thistle - Andi Dunkel
75) Cuillin Wheels featuring Deeside Thistle - Hendry McNicol
76) Cuillin Wheels featuring Deeside Thistle - Craig Christie
77) SAINTS CICLISTA - Craig Webster
78) SAINTS CICLISTA - Gav Pitts
79) SAINTS CICLISTA - Allan Mill
80) SAINTS CICLISTA - Duncan Cox
81) Marginal Aims 2 - Stephen McHugh
82) Marginal Aims 2 - William Snow
83) Marginal Aims 2 - Simon Bowden
84) Marginal Aims 2 - Simon Sharp
85) Jammy Dodgers - charles smith
86) Jammy Dodgers - fiona harfield
87) Jammy Dodgers - Shuna mayes
88) Jammy Dodgers - al cameron
89) Barnsley chops tha knows - Ian Thompson
90) Barnsley chops tha knows - John Sylvester
91) Barnsley chops tha knows - Gary Ashworth
92) Barnsley chops tha knows - Simon David Booth
Team of Eight Entry93) Benmore - Cameron Wood
94) Benmore - Emma Tilsten
95) Benmore - Nicola Howell
96) Benmore - Paul Bailey
97) Benmore - Sean Rogers-Jones
98) Benmore - TBC UCI duties
99) Benmore - Tom Dean-Gately
100) Benmore - Paul Bailey
101) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Jim Sutherland
102) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Tom Macgowan
103) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Ruairidh Ross
104) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Kenny McGougan
105) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Rachel Knight
106) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Jas Hepburn
107) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Lorna Crane
108) Grantown Grammar School - Staff - Scott Wilson
Solo Singlespeed Entry109) Team JMC - Lisa Scott
110) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
111) Sandy Wallace Cycles www.swc.co.uk - David (Singlespeed) Glover
112) The Green Jersey - Philip Wade
113) Stadium Riders - Andrew Beever
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1130 on Saturday for all team captains/team leaders, although all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader (this will be understood to be No 1 on entry form to handle all official matters including pre event meeting, picking up registration packs, making sure all teammates have correct numbers and have completed any paperwork etc.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing. In order for laps to count riders must pass through the transition area and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with transition officials prior to starting their lap. Please adhere to the NO RIDE RULES in transition areas. Riders should only use solo riders area if they are in that class.
4. If a team member wishes to do two laps in a row it essential that they cross through the transition area to ensure their time is recorded by the timing officials.
5. Each team member and solo rider must complete a minimum of one lap. Teams will be penalized a lap for each lap not completed by each member except in the case of injury which must be reported to race official who will make final decision.
6. If a team member cannot complete his or her lap, the team has the option of starting the lap over with a new rider. They will however, lose the distance and time of the uncompleted lap. The replacement rider must check in with timing official prior to starting the lap.
7. For obvious safety reasons there is no reverse riding on the course.
8. Teammates may cannibalize each others bikes or swap if necessary. Riders may accept mechanical support on the course by any other registered rider, transition and camp areas is the only area where assistance from support crews is acceptable.
9. Riders may accept food and water from anyone on the course.
10. We strongly suggest that each team and solo rider have a support crew of at least 1 or 2 persons who are not taking part to assist with various jobs such as orginsing transitions, cooking and assisting with mechanical problems.
11. Please camp responsibly and be aware of other users in the car park.
12. Riders will require lights, which must be at least 4 watts and be secured to bikes or helmet. NO FUSS will have final say when lights should be used.
13. When lighting is required it will be against the rules for riders to ride with their lights out to save batteries. Riders violating this rule will have their current lap nullified.
14. Only riders officially entered in the event or designated as “Official Course Marshals” may ride the designated course.
15. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike in the race area ( not just when it is your lap)
16. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
17. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
18. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of the solo rider or the entire team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
19. Riders who are riding their bikes have the right of way over those who are pushing their bikes. Where practicable riders pushing should stay on the least rideable portion of the path when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
20. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
21. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to the transition official so that your teams next rider may commence their lap. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a lap time in accordance with your or your teams average times which ever is the faster. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules