After an outrageously great event in 2015 Relentless Exposure 24 is BACK, and guess what? it's going to be even bigger and better than before. With a few changes to team sizes and with the continuation of hosting the UK Champs for Solos, Pairs and Fours, we know that Relentless Exposure 24 is a not to be missed event.........
Training Plans and Day Courses
We'll help you gain confidence in your technique and fitness. Book onto a Day Course and download your Training Plan today
RE24 has become a classic on any 24 hour MTB specialists calander, whether your speciality is non-stop riding for 24 hours, or non-stop socialising and swapping riders for 24 hours (if you are taking part in a team!). What's not to like? The race takes place in Forestry Commission Scotland's Leanachan Forest and Nevis Range's World Class tracks, matched with World Class facilities in the beautiful surroundings of the Outdoor Capital of the UK, all the while in the relaxed and friendly atmosphere that No Fuss take so seriously.
RE24 takes place in October, when the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. - after the clocks have gone back, making the night even longer and making the challenge even tougher. It's also close to Hallowe'en, so you never know who or what's hiding in those trees??
Relentless Exposure 24 takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign on for the event will take place at Nevis Range from 8.30am until 11am on Saturday 31st October, 2015.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and your free t-shirt - don't forget to order yours when you enter!
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1130am on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend.
There will be a First Aid team on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal/feed stations throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes.
There will be a light charging facility available for all riders to use, free of charge.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities will be available on location.
The Course will be announced approximately 2 weeks before the event. Expect rocks, roots, perhaps a river and whatever the weather can throw at us. Check out the 2010 video for an idea of how good it can be - CLICK HERE.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo Entry (UK Champs)1) Anna Blair/Cyclehighlands - Anna Blair
2) Christine Campbell - Christine Campbell
3) Venlaw Wheelers - Rob Young
4) Bull in the Heather - Angus Hamilton
5) Richie wills - Richard Williams
6) Team Ayrshire - ian mcalindon
7) Sam Seabrook - Sam Seabrook
8) Kinross cycling club - Robbie Sangha
9) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - mark Swinney
10) scottoiler / alpine bikes trek store race team - Craig Hudson
11) Team JMC - Richie Scott
12) WaltArt / Cyclehighland - Scott Sutherland-Thomson
13) Kenneth - Kenneth Humphreys
14) Team Munchkin - Michael Hocking
15) cyclehighlands.com/aboyne nomads - wayne Blair
16) 7 Scots - Douglas Hamilton
17) Team CHR - Michael Johnstone
18) Norman Agnew - Norman Agnew
19) Uh oh! - Stuart Whittaker
20) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - Kyle Beattie
21) HERBIE'S BIKES.... - Roddy Weir
22) i - Cycles - Keith Forsyth
23) R.O.T racing - Alex Flinn
24) Swinnerton Cycles Forest Centre - Peter Nadin
25) David Robinson - David Robinson
26) mikethebike - Mike Hart
27) Tredz.co.uk - David Bowkett
28) Wcc - Alan Murray
29) The Bike Rack - Michael McCutcheon
30) Cramp King - Donside Trail sloth - Joe Clay
31) Ianfitz - Ian Fitzpatrick
32) Pro Vision / Espresso cycle Coaching - Jordan Doig
33) Solo Muppet - Gavin Baxter
34) Allen Valley Velo - Christian Henderson
35) Freethinker - Richard Staton
36) 59NRTH - David Farrer
37) 59 Degrees North - Graham Bichan
38) George Brown - George Brown
39) Fast Fraser - Fraser Cameron
40) Dundee thistle - Scott Taylor
41) Moose - Ben Rayneau-Kirkhope
42) Team Tom - Tom Ling
43) Blue Cooling LTD - David Smith
44) DAB - colin nicol
45) On flats - Paul Raynor
46) On Flats - Andy Raynor
47) neil scott - Neil Scott
48) Team JMC/Santa Cruz/Exposure - Jason Miles
49) It's Just A Hill Get Over It - David Hill
50) Team Marchent - Dan McGarvey
51) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Nigel Morris
52) creasingmatrix.com / Bikestyle IOM - Adrian Beale
53) Islabikes - Steve Chapman
54) Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery World Racing - Stuart Taylor
55) 1868racing/Antur Stiniog - Phil Roberts
56) Drumburgh Hero - Steven Simpson
57) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Guy Whaley
58) Giant Dublin - Ger Jackson
Pairs Entry (UK Champs)59) 2 Fifeing Eejits - Andrew Pettican
60) 2 Fifeing Eejits - Niall Wallace
61) Left Handed Giants - bruce gray
62) Left Handed Giants - colin gray
63) fish & kiwi - john [fish] morton
64) fish & kiwi - jason hammersley
65) Krispy Krobertz - James Elvin
66) Krispy Krobertz - James Crosby
67) Dexter's Danglers - Alan Kiley
68) Dexter's Danglers - Douglas Dorrington
69) Garage Bikes - Andy Eakhurst
70) Garage Bikes - Darren Clark
71) Highland Bikes Racing Team - thomas deas
72) Highland Bikes Racing Team - craig christie
73) Smith&Jones - Mitch jones
74) Smith&Jones - Nigel Smith
75) @RACING - Thomas Archer
76) @RACING - Alessandro Bardi
77) Rock and Road Cycles - Kenny Young
78) Rock and Road Cycles - Kirsty Macphee
79) lmmortal 2 pies - douglas campbell
80) lmmortal 2 pies - peter boyd
81) Team Meridian Racing - Davie Robb
82) Team Meridian Racing - Drew Thomson
83) WormPit Race Crew - Claire Campbell
84) WormPit Race Crew - Neil Campbell
Team of Four Entry (UK Champs)85) Garage Bikes - Hannah Collingridge
86) Garage Bikes - Sarah Shaw
87) Garage Bikes - Katie Clark
88) Garage Bikes - Lynne Cairns
89) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Vicki Alker
90) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Amy Kershaw
91) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Vikki Hughes
92) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Joolze Diamond
93) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Gemma Wood
94) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Claire Wales
95) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Jemma Wheatley
96) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Carys Mapleston
97) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
98) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
99) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
100) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
101) Pikey Racing - Martin Girvan
102) Pikey Racing - Mark Macleod
103) Pikey Racing - Olly Macdonald
104) Pikey Racing - Tba Tba
105) Quads od the Gods - Gavin Sim
106) Quads od the Gods - Christer Fjellroth
107) Quads od the Gods - Ian Russell
108) Quads od the Gods - George Wimpenny
109) 3C CycleExperience MTB - john Wilson
110) 3C CycleExperience MTB - Phil Glasgow
111) 3C CycleExperience MTB - Ian Sherin
112) 3C CycleExperience MTB - phil Jones
113) Bike Revolution - Stewart Evans
114) Bike Revolution - John Chree
115) Bike Revolution - Mike Rodda
116) Bike Revolution - Stuart McIntosh
117) Marginal aims - Will Snow
118) Marginal aims - Simon Harry
119) Marginal aims - Stephen McHugh
120) Marginal aims - Neil MacPherson
Team of Eight Entry121) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
122) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
123) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
124) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
125) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
126) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
127) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
128) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
129) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
130) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
131) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
132) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
133) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
134) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Kevin Fitzpatrick
135) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
136) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
137) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Adam Smith
138) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Matt Fletcher
139) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Andrew Richard
140) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Ciaran Borges
141) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Paul Ovenstone
142) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - jonathen Ashburner
143) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Richard Hunt
144) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Anita Jane Scott
Solo Singlespeed145) Anne Taylor - Anne Taylor
146) Team JMC - Lisa Scott
147) The Indian Fire Trail - San Kapil
148) The Green Jersey - Philip Wade
149) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
150) Mukyriderz Cycling Club S/S - David Glover
151) Garage Bikes / RAF - Patrick Kennedy
152) Garage Bikes - Tom Hill
153) Here Come The Belgians - Ben Houldsworth
154) Enjoyro :) - Liam Hutson
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1130 on Saturday for all team captains/team leaders, although all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader (this will be understood to be No 1 on entry form to handle all official matters including pre event meeting, picking up registration packs, making sure all teammates have correct numbers and have completed any paperwork etc.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing. In order for laps to count riders must pass through the transition area and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with transition officials prior to starting their lap. Please adhere to the NO RIDE RULES in transition areas. Riders should only use solo riders area if they are in that class.
4. If a team member wishes to do two laps in a row it essential that they cross through the transition area to ensure their time is recorded by the timing officials.
5. Each team member and solo rider must complete a minimum of one lap. Teams will be penalized a lap for each lap not completed by each member except in the case of injury which must be reported to race official who will make final decision.
6. If a team member cannot complete his or her lap, the team has the option of starting the lap over with a new rider. They will however, lose the distance and time of the uncompleted lap. The replacement rider must check in with timing official prior to starting the lap.
7. For obvious safety reasons there is no reverse riding on the course.
8. Teammates may cannibalize each others bikes or swap if necessary. Riders may accept mechanical support on the course by any other registered rider, transition and camp areas is the only area where assistance from support crews is acceptable.
9. Riders may accept food and water from anyone on the course.
10. We strongly suggest that each team and solo rider have a support crew of at least 1 or 2 persons who are not taking part to assist with various jobs such as orginsing transitions, cooking and assisting with mechanical problems.
11. Please camp responsibly and be aware of other users in the car park.
12. Riders will require lights, which must be at least 4 watts and be secured to bikes or helmet. NO FUSS will have final say when lights should be used.
13. When lighting is required it will be against the rules for riders to ride with their lights out to save batteries. Riders violating this rule will have their current lap nullified.
14. Only riders officially entered in the event or designated as “Official Course Marshals” may ride the designated course.
15. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike in the race area ( not just when it is your lap)
16. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
17. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
18. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of the solo rider or the entire team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
19. Riders who are riding their bikes have the right of way over those who are pushing their bikes. Where practicable riders pushing should stay on the least rideable portion of the path when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
20. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
21. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to the transition official so that your teams next rider may commence their lap. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a lap time in accordance with your or your teams average times which ever is the faster. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules