After an outrageously great event in 2015 Relentless Exposure 24 is BACK, and guess what? it's going to be even bigger and better than before. With a few changes to team sizes and with the continuation of hosting the UK Champs for Solos, Pairs and Fours, we know that Relentless Exposure 24 is a not to be missed event.........
Training Plans and Day Courses
We'll help you gain confidence in your technique and fitness. Book onto a Day Course and download your Training Plan today
RE24 has become a classic on any 24 hour MTB specialists calander, whether your speciality is non-stop riding for 24 hours, or non-stop socialising and swapping riders for 24 hours (if you are taking part in a team!). What's not to like? The race takes place in Forestry Commission Scotland's Leanachan Forest and Nevis Range's World Class tracks, matched with World Class facilities in the beautiful surroundings of the Outdoor Capital of the UK, all the while in the relaxed and friendly atmosphere that No Fuss take so seriously.
RE24 takes place in October, when the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. - after the clocks have gone back, making the night even longer and making the challenge even tougher. It's also close to Hallowe'en, so you never know who or what's hiding in those trees??
Relentless Exposure 24 takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign on for the event will take place at Nevis Range from 8.30am until 11am on Saturday the 29th of October.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and your free t-shirt - don't forget to order yours when you enter!
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1130am on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend.
There will be a First Aid team on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal/feed stations throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes.
LIGHTS HiRE and CHARGING
Light Hire, £15 for Handlebar Mounted and £10 for Helmet Mounted lights, you can reserve them here. You will need to reserve them, please note that there will be a light charging facility available for all riders to use, free of charge.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities will be available on location.
The Course will be announced approximately 2 weeks before the event. Expect rocks, roots, perhaps a river and whatever the weather can throw at us. Check out the 2010 video for an idea of how good it can be - CLICK HERE.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo Entry (UK Champs)1) Anna Blair/Cyclehighlands - Anna Blair
2) Christine Campbell - Christine Campbell
3) Pink Heifers - Sally Buckworth
4) Singletrack Magazine - Beate Kubitz
5) Venlaw Wheelers - Rob Young
6) Bull in the Heather - Angus Hamilton
7) Richie wills - Richard Williams
8) Team Ayrshire - ian mcalindon
9) Sam Seabrook - Sam Seabrook
10) Kinross cycling club - Robbie Sangha
11) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - mark Swinney
12) scottoiler / alpine bikes trek store race team - Craig Hudson
13) Team JMC - Richie Scott
14) WaltArt / Cyclehighland - Scott Sutherland-Thomson
15) Kenneth - Kenneth Humphreys
16) Team Munchkin - Michael Hocking
17) cyclehighlands.com/aboyne nomads - wayne Blair
18) 7 Scots - Douglas Hamilton
19) Team CHR - Michael Johnstone
20) Norman Agnew - Norman Agnew
21) Uh oh! - Stuart Whittaker
22) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - Kyle Beattie
23) HERBIE'S BIKES.... - Roddy Weir
24) i - Cycles - Keith Forsyth
25) R.O.T racing - Alex Flinn
26) Swinnerton Cycles Forest Centre - Peter Nadin
27) David Robinson - David Robinson
28) mikethebike - Mike Hart
29) Tredz.co.uk - David Bowkett
30) Wcc - Alan Murray
31) The Bike Rack - Michael McCutcheon
32) Cramp King - Donside Trail sloth - Joe Clay
33) Ianfitz - Ian Fitzpatrick
34) Pro Vision / Espresso cycle Coaching - Jordan Doig
35) Solo Muppet - Gavin Baxter
36) Allen Valley Velo - Christian Henderson
37) Freethinker - Richard Staton
38) 59NRTH - David Farrer
39) 59 Degrees North - Graham Bichan
40) George Brown - George Brown
41) Fast Fraser - Fraser Cameron
42) Dundee thistle - Scott Taylor
43) Moose - Ben Rayneau-Kirkhope
44) Team Tom - Tom Ling
45) Blue Cooling LTD - David Smith
46) DAB - colin nicol
47) On flats - Paul Raynor
48) On Flats - Andy Raynor
49) neil scott - Neil Scott
50) Team JMC/Santa Cruz/Exposure - Jason Miles
51) It's Just A Hill Get Over It - David Hill
52) Team Marchent - Dan McGarvey
53) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Nigel Morris
54) creasingmatrix.com / Bikestyle IOM - Adrian Beale
55) Islabikes - Steve Chapman
56) Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery World Racing - Stuart Taylor
57) 1868racing/Antur Stiniog - Phil Roberts
58) Drumburgh Hero - Steven Simpson
59) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Guy Whaley
60) Giant Dublin - Ger Jackson
61) CAN Structures - Dave Nicholl
62) Hanger 111 / C6 bikes - Alex Watts
63) creasingmatrix.com / IOM - Stephen Kelly
64) Team JMC - Lee Eaton
65) The bear - Chris Gibbs
66) Team Scumo999 Manx Mountain Club - Gary Kirby
67) cyclinggeneration.com / M Steel Cycles / Exposure - Rich Rothwell
68) Alpkit- Exposure USE-JMC - Rich Seipp
69) Monkey Spanker racing - Alan Robertson
70) Bann Wheelers Cycling Club - Andy Bate
71) NTSR - Rowan McMahon
72) Titanic Quarter CC mud division - Andy Lyle
73) Banbridge CC - Jon Sims
74) justonbike - Justin Atkinson
75) Caldwell Cycles - Michael Holland
76) Jason Harrod - Jason Harrod
77) Fat and Furious - Gavin Pitts
78) Carn Wheelers - Graeme Elliott
79) Team jmc - Tom Hodgkinson
80) Woody - kieron wood
81) Dinger - Robert Bell
82) Coxybango - Duncan Cox
83) M Steel Cycles, Exposure Lights - Matthew Jones
84) Norman Macleod - Norman Macleod
85) V brake warrior - Iain Rivans
86) BRONEILL2 - NATHAN ONEILL
Pairs Entry (UK Champs)87) Fie Innes RAF CC - Fiona Innes
88) Fie Innes RAF CC - Barrie Docherty
89) 2 Fifeing Eejits - Andrew Pettican
90) 2 Fifeing Eejits - Niall Wallace
91) Left Handed Giants - bruce gray
92) Left Handed Giants - colin gray
93) fish & kiwi - john [fish] morton
94) fish & kiwi - jason hammersley
95) Krispy Krobertz - James Elvin
96) Krispy Krobertz - James Crosby
97) Dexter's Danglers - Alan Kiley
98) Dexter's Danglers - Douglas Dorrington
99) Garage Bikes - Andy Eakhurst
100) Garage Bikes - Darren Clark
101) Highland Bikes Racing Team - thomas deas
102) Highland Bikes Racing Team - craig christie
103) Smith&Jones - Mitch jones
104) Smith&Jones - Nigel Smith
105) @RACING - Thomas Archer
106) @RACING - Alessandro Bardi
107) Rock and Road Cycles - Kenny Young
108) Rock and Road Cycles - Kirsty Macphee
109) lmmortal 2 pies - douglas campbell
110) lmmortal 2 pies - peter boyd
111) Team Meridian Racing - Davie Robb
112) Team Meridian Racing - Drew Thomson
113) 2 Blokes, 1 Bike! - Simon Wragg
114) 2 Blokes, 1 Bike! - Matty Graham
115) Escapebikeshop - Leon Pae
116) Escapebikeshop - Chris Boak
117) WuTangClan - david emery
118) WuTangClan - Jordan Doig
119) Misfitss - Allan Campbell
120) Misfitss - Douglas Hain
121) brothers McConnell - stewart McConnell
122) brothers McConnell - Martin McConnell
123) What no river crossings? - Max Folkett
124) What no river crossings? - Euan Boyd
125) Team Phenomenal - Lawrence Webster
126) Team Phenomenal - Lewis Webster
127) WormPit Race Crew - Claire Campbell
128) WormPit Race Crew - Neil Campbell
129) The Honeymooners - Colette Corlett
130) The Honeymooners - Julian Corlett
Team of Four Entry (UK Champs)131) Garage Bikes - Hannah Collingridge
132) Garage Bikes - Sarah Shaw
133) Garage Bikes - Katie Clark
134) Garage Bikes - Lynne Cairns
135) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Vicki Alker
136) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Amy Kershaw
137) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Vikki Hughes
138) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Joolze Diamond
139) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Gemma Wood
140) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Claire Wales
141) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Jemma Wheatley
142) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Carys Mapleston
143) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
144) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
145) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
146) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
147) Pikey Racing - Martin Girvan
148) Pikey Racing - Mark Macleod
149) Pikey Racing - Olly Macdonald
150) Pikey Racing - Tba Tba
151) Quads od the Gods - Gavin Sim
152) Quads od the Gods - Christer Fjellroth
153) Quads od the Gods - Ian Russell
154) Quads od the Gods - George Wimpenny
155) 3C CycleExperience MTB - john Wilson
156) 3C CycleExperience MTB - Phil Glasgow
157) 3C CycleExperience MTB - Ian Sherin
158) 3C CycleExperience MTB - phil Jones
159) Bike Revolution - Stewart Evans
160) Bike Revolution - John Chree
161) Bike Revolution - Mike Rodda
162) Bike Revolution - Stuart McIntosh
163) Marginal aims - Will Snow
164) Marginal aims - Simon Harry
165) Marginal aims - Stephen McHugh
166) Marginal aims - Neil MacPherson
167) The Pink Slips - Simon Gall
168) The Pink Slips - Adam Reid
169) The Pink Slips - Hamish MacEwan
170) The Pink Slips - Angus Clark
171) Provisional Name 1 - Jonty Bright
172) Provisional Name 1 - Richard Allan
173) Provisional Name 1 - Paul Miles
174) Provisional Name 1 - Joff Lazenby
175) Provisional name 2 - Ryan Stockton
176) Provisional name 2 - Andy Holgate
177) Provisional name 2 - Guy Kesteven
178) Provisional name 2 - Ben Woolveridge
179) just here for the weather - Andy Wood
180) just here for the weather - Alex Hill
181) just here for the weather - Roger mapelson
182) just here for the weather - william garrick
183) 2soulsracing - isaac fishwick
184) 2soulsracing - craig smith
185) 2soulsracing - alastair masson
186) 2soulsracing - guy jones
187) Up oor roond and doon - Andrew Kindness
188) Up oor roond and doon - Brian Bunch
189) Up oor roond and doon - Mike Milne
190) Up oor roond and doon - Jock Watson
191) Weardalians - Vic ross
192) Weardalians - katy ross
193) Weardalians - rob george
194) Weardalians - jos george
195) Lord Ru - TRacey cashman
196) Lord Ru - David Cashman
197) Lord Ru - Jeff Hancox
198) Lord Ru - Elizabeth Gilmour
199) scottswahay - Gavin MacLean
200) scottswahay - Jamie Gall
201) scottswahay - Gavin Linfield
202) scottswahay - Marie Meldrum
203) Team dumb - James Fowler
204) Team dumb - Josh Shaw
205) Team dumb - Keri McCully
206) Team dumb - Pawel Pawlowski
Team of Eight Entry207) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
208) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
209) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
210) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
211) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
212) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
213) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
214) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
215) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
216) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
217) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
218) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
219) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
220) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Kevin Fitzpatrick
221) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
222) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
223) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Adam Smith
224) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Matt Fletcher
225) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Andrew Richard
226) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Ciaran Borges
227) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Paul Ovenstone
228) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - jonathen Ashburner
229) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Richard Hunt
230) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Anita Jane Scott
231) Benmore - Paul Bailey
232) Benmore - Sean Rogers-Jones
233) Benmore - Nicola Howell
234) Benmore - Tom Dean-Gately
235) Benmore - Cameron Wood
236) Benmore - Emma Tilsten
237) Benmore - TBC Returning from Rio
238) Benmore - TBC Returning from Rio
Solo Singlespeed239) Anne Taylor - Anne Taylor
240) Team JMC - Lisa Scott
241) The Indian Fire Trail - San Kapil
242) The Green Jersey - Philip Wade
243) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
244) Mukyriderz Cycling Club S/S - David Glover
245) Garage Bikes / RAF - Patrick Kennedy
246) Garage Bikes - Tom Hill
247) Here Come The Belgians - Ben Houldsworth
248) Enjoyro :) - Liam Hutson
249) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
250) Carnety - Torq/Exposure/Mt Zoom - Andrew Howett
251) Mukyriderz - Stephen Baird
252) Stadium Riders - Andrew Beever
253) USE-Exposure - Travers Bikes - E3Coach - Steve Day
254) Stadium Runners - Saul Muldoon
255) Aurelius Cycles - Jon Hobson
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1130 on Saturday for all team captains/team leaders, although all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader (this will be understood to be No 1 on entry form to handle all official matters including pre event meeting, picking up registration packs, making sure all teammates have correct numbers and have completed any paperwork etc.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing. In order for laps to count riders must pass through the transition area and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with transition officials prior to starting their lap. Please adhere to the NO RIDE RULES in transition areas. Riders should only use solo riders area if they are in that class.
4. If a team member wishes to do two laps in a row it essential that they cross through the transition area to ensure their time is recorded by the timing officials.
5. Each team member and solo rider must complete a minimum of one lap. Teams will be penalized a lap for each lap not completed by each member except in the case of injury which must be reported to race official who will make final decision.
6. If a team member cannot complete his or her lap, the team has the option of starting the lap over with a new rider. They will however, lose the distance and time of the uncompleted lap. The replacement rider must check in with timing official prior to starting the lap.
7. For obvious safety reasons there is no reverse riding on the course.
8. Teammates may cannibalize each others bikes or swap if necessary. Riders may accept mechanical support on the course by any other registered rider, transition and camp areas is the only area where assistance from support crews is acceptable.
9. Riders may accept food and water from anyone on the course.
10. We strongly suggest that each team and solo rider have a support crew of at least 1 or 2 persons who are not taking part to assist with various jobs such as orginsing transitions, cooking and assisting with mechanical problems.
11. Please camp responsibly and be aware of other users in the car park.
12. Riders will require lights, which must be at least 4 watts and be secured to bikes or helmet. NO FUSS will have final say when lights should be used.
13. When lighting is required it will be against the rules for riders to ride with their lights out to save batteries. Riders violating this rule will have their current lap nullified.
14. Only riders officially entered in the event or designated as “Official Course Marshals” may ride the designated course.
15. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike in the race area ( not just when it is your lap)
16. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
17. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
18. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of the solo rider or the entire team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
19. Riders who are riding their bikes have the right of way over those who are pushing their bikes. Where practicable riders pushing should stay on the least rideable portion of the path when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
20. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
21. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to the transition official so that your teams next rider may commence their lap. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a lap time in accordance with your or your teams average times which ever is the faster. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules