After an outrageously great event in 2015 Relentless Exposure 24 is BACK, and guess what? it's going to be even bigger and better than before. With a few changes to team sizes and with the continuation of hosting the UK Champs for Solos, Pairs and Fours, we know that Relentless Exposure 24 is a not to be missed event.........
Training Plans and Day Courses
We'll help you gain confidence in your technique and fitness. Book onto a Day Course and download your Training Plan today
RE24 has become a classic on any 24 hour MTB specialists calander, whether your speciality is non-stop riding for 24 hours, or non-stop socialising and swapping riders for 24 hours (if you are taking part in a team!). What's not to like? The race takes place in Forestry Commission Scotland's Leanachan Forest and Nevis Range's World Class tracks, matched with World Class facilities in the beautiful surroundings of the Outdoor Capital of the UK, all the while in the relaxed and friendly atmosphere that No Fuss take so seriously.
RE24 takes place in October, when the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. - after the clocks have gone back, making the night even longer and making the challenge even tougher. It's also close to Hallowe'en, so you never know who or what's hiding in those trees??
Relentless Exposure 24 takes place at Nevis Range, Fort William. For directions click HERE.
Sign on for the event will take place at Nevis Range from 8.30am until 11am on Saturday 31st October, 2015.
At registration you will be asked to sign a Statement of Responsibility, given your race numbers, timing chip, race information and your free t-shirt - don't forget to order yours when you enter!
There will be a compulsory race briefing at 1130am on Saturday morning. It is essential that all team captains and solo riders attend, and although it's not essential, support crews and additional participants are strongly advised to also attend.
There will be a First Aid team on location for the duration of the event. In addition, there will be marshal/feed stations throughout the course and mobile marshals on bikes.
There will be a light charging facility available for all riders to use, free of charge.
BIKE WASHING FACILITIES
Facilities for washing bikes are located behind the Gondola Station.
Camping will be available at Nevis Range car park (hard ground - you will need a good sleeping mattress, no electric hook-up) from Friday. Details to be confirmed nearer to time.
Toilet facilities will be available on location throughout the weekend.
Hot and cold food and drink will be on sale at the Pinemartin Cafe for the duration of the race.
Shower facilities will be available on location.
The Course will be announced approximately 2 weeks before the event. Expect rocks, roots, perhaps a river and whatever the weather can throw at us. Check out the 2010 video for an idea of how good it can be - CLICK HERE.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo Entry (UK Champs)1) Anna Blair/Cyclehighlands - Anna Blair
2) Christine Campbell - Christine Campbell
3) Pink Heifers - Sally Buckworth
4) Venlaw Wheelers - Rob Young
5) Bull in the Heather - Angus Hamilton
6) Richie wills - Richard Williams
7) Team Ayrshire - ian mcalindon
8) Sam Seabrook - Sam Seabrook
9) Kinross cycling club - Robbie Sangha
10) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - mark Swinney
11) scottoiler / alpine bikes trek store race team - Craig Hudson
12) Team JMC - Richie Scott
13) WaltArt / Cyclehighland - Scott Sutherland-Thomson
14) Kenneth - Kenneth Humphreys
15) Team Munchkin - Michael Hocking
16) cyclehighlands.com/aboyne nomads - wayne Blair
17) 7 Scots - Douglas Hamilton
18) Team CHR - Michael Johnstone
19) Norman Agnew - Norman Agnew
20) Uh oh! - Stuart Whittaker
21) Mikes Bikes Aviemore - Kyle Beattie
22) HERBIE'S BIKES.... - Roddy Weir
23) i - Cycles - Keith Forsyth
24) R.O.T racing - Alex Flinn
25) Swinnerton Cycles Forest Centre - Peter Nadin
26) David Robinson - David Robinson
27) mikethebike - Mike Hart
28) Tredz.co.uk - David Bowkett
29) Wcc - Alan Murray
30) The Bike Rack - Michael McCutcheon
31) Cramp King - Donside Trail sloth - Joe Clay
32) Ianfitz - Ian Fitzpatrick
33) Pro Vision / Espresso cycle Coaching - Jordan Doig
34) Solo Muppet - Gavin Baxter
35) Allen Valley Velo - Christian Henderson
36) Freethinker - Richard Staton
37) 59NRTH - David Farrer
38) 59 Degrees North - Graham Bichan
39) George Brown - George Brown
40) Fast Fraser - Fraser Cameron
41) Dundee thistle - Scott Taylor
42) Moose - Ben Rayneau-Kirkhope
43) Team Tom - Tom Ling
44) Blue Cooling LTD - David Smith
45) DAB - colin nicol
46) On flats - Paul Raynor
47) On Flats - Andy Raynor
48) neil scott - Neil Scott
49) Team JMC/Santa Cruz/Exposure - Jason Miles
50) It's Just A Hill Get Over It - David Hill
51) Team Marchent - Dan McGarvey
52) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Nigel Morris
53) creasingmatrix.com / Bikestyle IOM - Adrian Beale
54) Islabikes - Steve Chapman
55) Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery World Racing - Stuart Taylor
56) 1868racing/Antur Stiniog - Phil Roberts
57) Drumburgh Hero - Steven Simpson
58) Manx Mountain Bike Club - Guy Whaley
59) Giant Dublin - Ger Jackson
60) CAN Structures - Dave Nicholl
61) Hanger 111 / C6 bikes - Alex Watts
62) creasingmatrix.com / IOM - Stephen Kelly
63) Team JMC - Lee Eaton
64) The bear - Chris Gibbs
65) Team Scumo999 Manx Mountain Club - Gary Kirby
66) cyclinggeneration.com / M Steel Cycles / Exposure - Rich Rothwell
67) Alpkit- Exposure USE-JMC - Rich Seipp
68) Monkey Spanker racing - Alan Robertson
69) Bann Wheelers Cycling Club - Andy Bate
70) NTSR - Rowan McMahon
71) Titanic Quarter CC mud division - Andy Lyle
72) Banbridge CC - Jon Sims
73) justonbike - Justin Atkinson
Pairs Entry (UK Champs)74) Fie Innes RAF CC - Fiona Innes
75) Fie Innes RAF CC - Barrie Docherty
76) 2 Fifeing Eejits - Andrew Pettican
77) 2 Fifeing Eejits - Niall Wallace
78) Left Handed Giants - bruce gray
79) Left Handed Giants - colin gray
80) fish & kiwi - john [fish] morton
81) fish & kiwi - jason hammersley
82) Krispy Krobertz - James Elvin
83) Krispy Krobertz - James Crosby
84) Dexter's Danglers - Alan Kiley
85) Dexter's Danglers - Douglas Dorrington
86) Garage Bikes - Andy Eakhurst
87) Garage Bikes - Darren Clark
88) Highland Bikes Racing Team - thomas deas
89) Highland Bikes Racing Team - craig christie
90) Smith&Jones - Mitch jones
91) Smith&Jones - Nigel Smith
92) @RACING - Thomas Archer
93) @RACING - Alessandro Bardi
94) Rock and Road Cycles - Kenny Young
95) Rock and Road Cycles - Kirsty Macphee
96) lmmortal 2 pies - douglas campbell
97) lmmortal 2 pies - peter boyd
98) Team Meridian Racing - Davie Robb
99) Team Meridian Racing - Drew Thomson
100) 2 Blokes, 1 Bike! - Simon Wragg
101) 2 Blokes, 1 Bike! - Matty Graham
102) Escapebikeshop - Leon Pae
103) Escapebikeshop - Chris Boak
104) WuTangClan - david emery
105) WuTangClan - Jordan Doig
106) WormPit Race Crew - Claire Campbell
107) WormPit Race Crew - Neil Campbell
108) The Honeymooners - Colette Corlett
109) The Honeymooners - Julian Corlett
Team of Four Entry (UK Champs)110) Garage Bikes - Hannah Collingridge
111) Garage Bikes - Sarah Shaw
112) Garage Bikes - Katie Clark
113) Garage Bikes - Lynne Cairns
114) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Vicki Alker
115) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Amy Kershaw
116) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Vikki Hughes
117) Garage Bikes - What the hell are we doing here? - Joolze Diamond
118) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Gemma Wood
119) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Claire Wales
120) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Jemma Wheatley
121) Garage Bikes - Did we really say 'yes' to this! - Carys Mapleston
122) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
123) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
124) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
125) The girls with no names - TBC TBC
126) Pikey Racing - Martin Girvan
127) Pikey Racing - Mark Macleod
128) Pikey Racing - Olly Macdonald
129) Pikey Racing - Tba Tba
130) Quads od the Gods - Gavin Sim
131) Quads od the Gods - Christer Fjellroth
132) Quads od the Gods - Ian Russell
133) Quads od the Gods - George Wimpenny
134) 3C CycleExperience MTB - john Wilson
135) 3C CycleExperience MTB - Phil Glasgow
136) 3C CycleExperience MTB - Ian Sherin
137) 3C CycleExperience MTB - phil Jones
138) Bike Revolution - Stewart Evans
139) Bike Revolution - John Chree
140) Bike Revolution - Mike Rodda
141) Bike Revolution - Stuart McIntosh
142) Marginal aims - Will Snow
143) Marginal aims - Simon Harry
144) Marginal aims - Stephen McHugh
145) Marginal aims - Neil MacPherson
146) The Pink Slips - Simon Gall
147) The Pink Slips - Adam Reid
148) The Pink Slips - Hamish MacEwan
149) The Pink Slips - Angus Clark
150) Provisional Name 1 - Jonty Bright
151) Provisional Name 1 - Richard Allan
152) Provisional Name 1 - Paul Miles
153) Provisional Name 1 - Joff Lazenby
154) Provisional name 2 - Ryan Stockton
155) Provisional name 2 - Andy Holgate
156) Provisional name 2 - Guy Kesteven
157) Provisional name 2 - Ben Woolveridge
158) just here for the weather - Andy Wood
159) just here for the weather - Alex Hill
160) just here for the weather - Roger mapelson
161) just here for the weather - william garrick
162) Weardalians - Vic ross
163) Weardalians - katy ross
164) Weardalians - rob george
165) Weardalians - jos george
166) Lord Ru - TRacey cashman
167) Lord Ru - David Cashman
168) Lord Ru - Jeff Hancox
169) Lord Ru - Elizabeth Gilmour
Team of Eight Entry170) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
171) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
172) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
173) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
174) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
175) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
176) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
177) Dundee Mountain Club 2 - Dundee 2 Mountain Club
178) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
179) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
180) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
181) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
182) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
183) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Kevin Fitzpatrick
184) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
185) Dundee Mountain Club 1 - Dundee 1 Mountain Club
186) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Adam Smith
187) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Matt Fletcher
188) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Andrew Richard
189) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Ciaran Borges
190) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Paul Ovenstone
191) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - jonathen Ashburner
192) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Richard Hunt
193) Blokes,Birds & Bikes - Anita Jane Scott
194) Benmore - Paul Bailey
195) Benmore - Sean Rogers-Jones
196) Benmore - Nicola Howell
197) Benmore - Tom Dean-Gately
198) Benmore - Cameron Wood
199) Benmore - Emma Tilsten
200) Benmore - TBC Returning from Rio
201) Benmore - TBC Returning from Rio
Solo Singlespeed202) Anne Taylor - Anne Taylor
203) Team JMC - Lisa Scott
204) The Indian Fire Trail - San Kapil
205) The Green Jersey - Philip Wade
206) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
207) Mukyriderz Cycling Club S/S - David Glover
208) Garage Bikes / RAF - Patrick Kennedy
209) Garage Bikes - Tom Hill
210) Here Come The Belgians - Ben Houldsworth
211) Enjoyro :) - Liam Hutson
212) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
1. Mandatory pr-event meeting at 1130 on Saturday for all team captains/team leaders, although all riders and crew are encouraged to attend. Teams must designate a captain team leader (this will be understood to be No 1 on entry form to handle all official matters including pre event meeting, picking up registration packs, making sure all teammates have correct numbers and have completed any paperwork etc.
2. Each team and solo rider will bear reasonability for their timing. In order for laps to count riders must pass through the transition area and ensure their race number has been recorded by the timing officials.
3. Waiting riders should always check in with transition officials prior to starting their lap. Please adhere to the NO RIDE RULES in transition areas. Riders should only use solo riders area if they are in that class.
4. If a team member wishes to do two laps in a row it essential that they cross through the transition area to ensure their time is recorded by the timing officials.
5. Each team member and solo rider must complete a minimum of one lap. Teams will be penalized a lap for each lap not completed by each member except in the case of injury which must be reported to race official who will make final decision.
6. If a team member cannot complete his or her lap, the team has the option of starting the lap over with a new rider. They will however, lose the distance and time of the uncompleted lap. The replacement rider must check in with timing official prior to starting the lap.
7. For obvious safety reasons there is no reverse riding on the course.
8. Teammates may cannibalize each others bikes or swap if necessary. Riders may accept mechanical support on the course by any other registered rider, transition and camp areas is the only area where assistance from support crews is acceptable.
9. Riders may accept food and water from anyone on the course.
10. We strongly suggest that each team and solo rider have a support crew of at least 1 or 2 persons who are not taking part to assist with various jobs such as orginsing transitions, cooking and assisting with mechanical problems.
11. Please camp responsibly and be aware of other users in the car park.
12. Riders will require lights, which must be at least 4 watts and be secured to bikes or helmet. NO FUSS will have final say when lights should be used.
13. When lighting is required it will be against the rules for riders to ride with their lights out to save batteries. Riders violating this rule will have their current lap nullified.
14. Only riders officially entered in the event or designated as “Official Course Marshals” may ride the designated course.
15. Wearing a buckled helmet is mandatory anytime you are on your bike in the race area ( not just when it is your lap)
16. Ignorance of any rule will not be accepted as an excuse.
17. Foul riding will not be tolerated, unsportsmanlike behavior is totally un-acceptable. This includes the use of profane or abusive language, this rule is taken very seriously by No Fuss and anyone who violates this rule shall be disqualified from this and any future No Fuss events.
18. Shortcutting the course can be grounds for automatic disqualification of the solo rider or the entire team. If a rider makes a mistake and they report to officials before it is discovered, a time adjustment will be applied rather than a DQ.
19. Riders who are riding their bikes have the right of way over those who are pushing their bikes. Where practicable riders pushing should stay on the least rideable portion of the path when being passed. Riders are encouraged to call pleasantly “passing on the right or left” as appropriate.
20. All protests must be made by a team captain to a No Fuss Official ( Frazer, or Spook) Protests can be made throughout the event and up to 15 mins after the final results are posted. It would be appreciated if any protests could be made respectfully to the officials. No Fuss officials say is final in all protests.
21. Safety on the course is our primary concern. If you come across an injured or a potentially unsafe situation, you are encouraged to stop and assist. If you stop to give assistance for a health and safety related reason, you should report your number to a passing number who will turn it in to the transition official so that your teams next rider may commence their lap. You must then complete your lap and report to the transition official and report the nature of the assistance you provided and an approximate duration of your stop. You will be assigned a lap time in accordance with your or your teams average times which ever is the faster. NB Time adjustments are made by a No Fuss official and are final. NOTE This rule applies to ONLY heath and safety concerns and not mechanical failure.
22. The NO FUSS OFFICIALS ( FRAZER and SPOOK) will be given the final decision regarding any occurrence at the event including those not addressed in the rules