WELCOME TO THE
Ultra MARATHON DE BEN NEVIS
In 2017 one participant said "WHAT AN AWESOME ADVENTURE!!" will you join us for an adventure in 2018?
Welcome to No Fuss Event’s ultimate mountain running event for endurance athletes and people with a sense of adventure who are seeking a challenge. The Ultra Marathon de Ben Nevis will take participants on a magnificant journey circumnavigating Ben Nevis starting from Fort William the Outdoor Capital of the UK.
The event is a tough 64KM journey of discovery, about enjoying and experiencing our wonderful environment and about finding out about yourself. It is an opportunity to travel through some of the most rugged and isolated areas that the Scottish Highlands has to offer. The course is undulating and varied with river and stream crossings, sustained climbs, long descents and soul searching splendid isolation.
The course will not be littered with signage and support people, it will be left as untouched as possible to allow you to enjoy this environment in its natural state. With this comes some personal responsibility, which is a big part of the event ethos. We are taking the bubblewrapping away and letting you take on this event knowing that you will need motivation and tenacity to get to the finish line.
Registration will be held on Friday the 21st September at (Venue to be confirmed) from 18.30 until 21.00. If you cannot make it registration, do not worry, we will be doing registration on Saturday morning before the race. This will be from 5 00am until 5 30am - this is a strict cut off time to ensure we get everyone set up and 'dibbed in' for a prompt race start at 6am.
PLEASE NOTE EXACT RACE START AND TIMING WILL BE CONFIRMED NEARER THE EVENT
At the registration you will receive:
• Race briefing, safety information and the latest course changes / information. This will include the confirmation of check in points and Feed stations.
• Your personal race number and pins to attach your number . The number must be attached securely for the entire event. Do not alter or cut the number plate in any way.
• Timing chip – timing chips MUST be returned after the race. Please don’t forget as that little piece of plastic is very expensive to replace -there will be a £20 charge if the timing chip is not returned. NB All participants must check in at all dibber stations this is for your safety.
On Saturday morning, in the first instance please leave your car at your hotel/accommodation if possible (1 more kilometre won’t hurt, at least not in the morning!) Or if you have to drive, please DO NOT park at the Nevis Centre ; likewise competitors are encouraged NOT to park in Morrison’s Car Park for the duration of the event.
This event takes place in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland and Fort William will hopefully provide you with everything and more that you will need for your stay. For full area information check www.outdoorcapital.co.uk
If we can assist please do not hesitate to contact us.
SAFETY AND FIRST AID
First aid will be provided out on the course at Feed Stations 2 & 4 . Muddy Medics will be providing cover at the transition and will have mobile trained First aiders out on the course throughout the event.
There will be a dibbing station at each feed stop. At each food stop you will be required to place your timing chip on the station. This will enable splits to be produced for the results BUT more importantly it will tell us exactly when you were at that feed station in case of emergency.
MINIMUM GEAR REQUIREMENTS ARE:
Day sack or equivilent
Full waterproof body cover including hat and gloves
Head Torch/spare batteries
OS Map of route or download
Personal First Aid Kit
Personal emergency rations (2 chocolate/cereal bars min)
2017 Route HERE it is likely that 2018 route willl be the same. Final route mapo issued one week prior to the race.
There will be 6 Feed Stations on the course
Feed Station 1 - Blarmafoldach / WHW Junction
Feed Station 2 - Mamore Lodge
Feed Station 3 - Luibeilt
Feed Station 4 - Lairig Bothy
Feed Station 5 - Corriechoille Junction
Feed Station 6 - Nevis Range
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Linlithgow AC - Brian Couper
1. The full marked course must be followed - If you get into difficulty off the course rescue WILL be more difficult and take MUCH longer.
2. Please obey marshals/first aiders instructions.
3. All safety equipment must be carried at all times.
4. You must 'dib' your timing chip at each feed station.
5. If you find another competitor in difficulty it is your duty to assist the causalty.
6. Please do not drop any litter or equipment.
7. If you decide to retire you MUST report to the nearest marshal who will assist you to safety.