The Fort William Runduro is a multi-stage running event taking in some of the Outdoor Capitals most popular running routes. It's all about the journey, and the route will use some of the areas best trails, linking up Fort William and Glen Nevis. Someone once said "If variety’s the spice of life, then the No Fuss Fort William Runduro was a vindaloo of an event." No Fuss launched Runduro in 2015, it is a cheeky 21km trail race with a twist, the route consists of 8 special stages linked by 7 transitional stages, with final results based solely on the total time taken for the special stages. NEW for 2018 is the Runduro Short course option, missing stages 3 and 4 the short course is just short of 14km.
The format is taken from the popular mountain bike enduros, it breaks the route down into stages, so you can race the stages, enjoy the transitions and await your cumulative time for the days racing. Its social, its fun, what will your strategy be?
Fort William Runduro take place on the same weekend of the Fort William Mountain Festival we really feel that you should make a weekend of it and enjoy Runduro, the festival and of course some great Craic and Banter.
Tickets for this event will go live in October 2017 l, we look forward to welcoming you to this event in February.
WHAT TO EXPECT
· Fort William Runduro route is superb and is held on varied trails.
· 8 timed stages each with its own unique character
· 7 Liason stages between timed stages that allow recovery, analysis and of course a blether with friends and like minded folk. (Although this is not enforced it is encouraged)
· 2 Feed stations on route, as well as catering provided at the finish.
· Rolling Start between 0900 and 1000 - we recommend the runners who wish to take a wee bit longer select an early start time.
· Sophisticated digital timing system and software .
· Marked and marshaled course to provide support and encouragement.
· A guaranteed voyage of discovery
Great Soup and a warm relaxed environment to compare stage times after the race.
Registration will take place from 0800 at Cotswold Camping ,High Street Fort William
All numbers and timing equipment (wrist band and digital timing card) will need to be picked up from the registration desk prior to the start.
Please bring your registration email or ID.
It is recommended that runners arrive at least 45min before the start to warm up and register.
No special kit required – trail shoes probably the best shoe choice;
Appropriate dress for the day dependant on conditions;
A good recommendation would be to have a bum bag or similar containing waterproofs, emergency rations such as gels, and a base layer.
1 Feed stations on route. plus to hydration stations.
Competitors to set off in clusters of 6 at approximately 3 min intervals
First Start : 0900
Last Start: 0100
8 Races in one – pit your wits against your running friends on different stages where different skills come into play. The steep sharp climb of the Cow Hill, the mountain terrain of heart attack hill and the Ben path descent, or the final sprint stage to the Crannog Pier.
At the beginning and end of each stage you need to 'dib' your dibber - you will be shown how to do this at registration. It's up to participants to manage their time between stages to ensure they are back at the final station at 1400.
The start / finish area will welcome you with a relaxed family atmosphere.
· Runners must hand in their timing equipment to the timing desk to ensure download of data.
Results of the race will be available onsite, and posted online immediately afterwards.
Prize winners will be announced on the day and online 24 hours after the event, prizes will be presented on the day.
· Male and Female prizes will be awarded to category winners and stage winners.
· There will also be spot prizes.
The Fort William Runduro will need some dedicated training before the event so please prepare accordingly.
· Full medical support will be provided for the event.
· If required please approach the first aid tent or a No Fuss run race marshal.
· If you feel ill on the day or have experienced flu-like symptoms, diarrhoea or a fever two to three days prior to the event, do not run.
· If you start to feel unwell during the race, slow your pace.
· Seek advice early from a race marshal or medical staff if you do not improve
· It is recommended that runners do not use devices with headphones, as they may not hear No Fuss Run marshals' instructions or traffic.
Full Course HERE Red Line Timed Stage, Green Line recovery.
Stage 1 : 0.90km Cow Hill Ascent (King o' the Hill) HERE
Stage 2 : 1.90km Cow Hill 'Gate' to Glen Nevis via Peat Track (The Descender) HERE
Stage 3 : 1.8km The road to Dun Deardil to the Low Glen Road, via the WHW Diversion path (Smash It) HERE
Stage 4 : 1.80km Heart Attack Climb and Ben Path Descent (To Hell and Back) HERE
Stage 5 : 2.60km Braveheart to Peat track via all users trail (Up, Up and away!) HERE
Stage 6 : 1.00km Cow Hill Rd to Peat Track Junction (Short and sweet) HERE
Stage 7 : 1.00km Track Junction to Saltire Rock (Keep Trucking!) HERE
Stage 8 : 0.80km College to Crannog (Sprinter) HERE
PLEASE NOTE ROUTE AND STAGES MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON WEATHER CONDITIONS
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.