The Dunoon Presents Triathlon is an entry level event that encourages participation of any fitness and ability.
Participant can enter as individuals, or 3 person teams.
With a 400m swim, a 22km cycle and a 6km run/walk it is designed to encourage the ‘have a go’ philosophy and participation will be made up of all ages and fitness levels.
This will be the first year running the event with participants heading to the Dunoon from far and wide to soak up the atmosphere and achieve their goals and enjoy an introduction to multisport and triathlon.
The Dunoon Presents Triathlon is a pool-based triathlon involving a 400m swim, 22km Road bike ride on the coastal road towards Innellan. Finished of with a pleasant out and back 6km run.
This is a perfect and very doable triathlon aimed at beginners and those who are looking for something to keep themselves motivated and fit. The Dunoon Presents Triathlon has only one ‘quick’ transition, between the bike and run, so is even more suited to those just starting out on multi-sport as you get a rest between your swim and cycle!
The aim is to encourage everyone to experience the wonderful world of triathlon and make it fun and rewarding for all competitors. Wether a seasoned triathlete or a first time beginner this race will have something for you.
Although the thought of it may be terrifying a triathlon needn’t be! If this is your first triathlon. Then we think you will love this format to ease you into the world of multi sport events.
We look forward to welcoming you to Dunoon for the first No Fuss Event, Dunoon Presents Triathlon.
The event is based from Dunoon Pier, there is plenty parking around the town centre. Please note participants are requested to drop off cycles at Hunnters Quay holiday village prior to registration. Once registered then participants will be transported to the swimming pool.
400m pool swim - Swim starts 0830 . The swim will be on a first come first start basis. The swim will take place at the Hunters Quay Holiday Village.
You will use your timing chip to start and stop your swim time. The transition from swim to bike will NOT be timed!
After you have changed into bike clothing make your way to the transition area and the start of the cycle. .
The bike section will be open from 1000 , you will use your timing chip to start your bike time.
The bike section is approximately 22km of road cycling. The route is on tarred road. Road bikes, Mountain, hybrid and cyclocross bikes are all suitable. There is no technical riding and the flat nature of the course will inevitably see some fast times.
You will finish your bike section entering transition on the Pier, this 2nd transition will be timed.
You will start your run immediately after you have racked your bike in transition.
Transition Opens 0700
Registration Open from 0730
Pool Open from 0800
Swim Starts 0830
Cycle leg starts 1000 onwards.
Last finisher approximately 1330
Prize giving in transition area 1400
Prize giving will be held as soon as possible after last finisherat the main pier.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo1) Lynn - Lynn McIntyre
2) Alison Munro - Alison Munro
3) Wee Jinky - FIona Wallace
4) Lesley - Lesley McLuskey
5) Laura Brannan - Laura Brannan
6) Jean M - Jean Mitchell
7) Jennifer - Jennifer laskey
8) Yikes - Seonaid Mclachlan
9) Faith - Faith Dalgaty
10) Cub - Vivienne Dow
11) Jenny - Jenny Brown
12) Maria - Maria Nygren
13) Can I bring my dog? - Abbi Connelly
14) Can I bring my dog? - Alice Connelly
15) Alison Maclure - Alison Maclure
16) ardenlee - Sharon Blackwell
17) Ardenlee - Rebecca McNicol
18) solo - Susan Smith
19) Dawn - Dawn Caunter
20) Caroline Millar - Caroline Millar
21) Murray - Christine Murray
22) Neil Stewart - Neil Stewart
23) Johnnie Cowie - John Cowie
24) NL roadrunners - Billy Carswell
25) LLSTC - John Walker
26) Graham Kerr - Graham Kerr
27) Craig Brodie - Craig Brodie
28) Calum Macleod - Calum Macleod
29) Solo - Colin Law
30) ATFC - Steven McEwan
31) Kevin Vincenti - Kevin Vincenti
32) Cub - Paul Reahead
33) SPRA Triathlon - Iain Gray
34) Can I bring my dog? - Steve Hems
35) Can I bring my dog? - Greg Miller
36) Can I bring my dog? - Andrew Park
37) El Beardo - Gordon McBain
38) BioLogic - Hussein Hijazi
39) Broom Wagon Velo - Alasdair Currie
40) solo - Gary Smith
41) David Millar - David Millar
Team42) Team Munro - Aileen Goodall
43) Team Munro - Duncan Munro
44) Team Munro - Jackie Cowie
45) The three amigos - Charmaine Russell
46) The three amigos - Lester Cheung
47) The three amigos - Joe Marsh