Tour de Ben Nevis - September 21 2013
Results are Here. Well done to all who took part, great day, great fun. Thanks again to all of you!
ONLINE ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED!!
WE HAVE A VERY LIMITED NUMBER OF TIMING CHIPS SPARE
IF YOU WISH TO ENTER PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com
Welcome to the No Fuss ultimate MTB challenge for endurance athletes and
people with a sense of adventure. Back for the fourth year, The Tour de Ben Nevis brings mountain biking back to the mountains!
The event is about circumnavigating Ben Nevis starting from Fort William the Outdoor
Capital of the UK. It is a 72km journey of discovery about our wonderful environment,
about yourself and for some, we have no doubt, about your bike. It is a stage race where the aim is to gather points throughout the course and, for those at the front, it can be a very tactical race!
It is an opportunity to ride through some of the most rugged and isolated areas that the
Scottish Highlands have to offer. The course is undulating and varied with river and stream
crossings, climbs and long descents.
This is one of the country’s longest point to point events. The course has been described as
MTB Endurance and a Mountain Marathon race all rolled into one. It is tough; but it is
However, we stress this is more of an event than a race. Those that are super fit and want to
race hard will not be disappointed and the 4 special timed sections will spice it up a bit and
really bring out the competitors from within. Those who see this as a major personal
challenge will be able to pace themselves and enjoy the adventure and wilderness
of this remote area.
The course will not be littered with signage and support people, it will be left as untouched
as possible to allow you to enjoy this environment in its natural state. With this comes some
personal responsibility, which is a big part of the event ethos. We are taking the bubblewrapping
away and letting you take on this event knowing that you will need motivation and
tenacity to get to the finish line.
Check out 2010's official event film here.
Friday 20th September 6-9pm at Cotswolds Outdoor, High Street, Fort William. The closest parking for registration is the West End Car Park (directions below).
**There is no official registration on the morning of the event, however, if you are unable to make it on the Friday evening, please contact us to let us know and we will have your race number and timing chip ready on Saturday morning. We would like to have everyone ready and good to go by 9.30am for a prompt 10am start. We will be at the Parade on Fort William High Street from 8am.**
At the registration you will receive:
• Race briefing, safety information and the latest course changes / information. This will include the special stage information.
• Your personal race number plate and zip ties to attach your number to your bike. The number must be attached securely to the front of your bike for the entire event. Do not alter or cut the number plate in any way.
• Timing chip – timing chips MUST be returned after the race. Please don’t forget as that little piece of plastic is very expensive to replace -there will be a £20 charge if the timing chip is not returned
For 2013 all entrants will be entitled to a delicious treat and tea or coffee, supplied by Wynnes the Butcher, after completion of the event in Fort William High Street.
Fort William is located on the A82 approximately 100 miles north of Glasgow.
From the South
As you enter Fort William from the South, the West End car park is left off the first roundabout. Cotswolds is just a short walk along the High Street.
From the North
Continue on the A82 and along the town bypass to the West End roundabout. Take a right into the West End car park. Cotswolds is just a short walk along the High Street.
For registration, the closest parking is the West End car park – left off the first roundabout when arriving from the south. If arriving from the north, continue on the A82 in the direction of Glasgow and turn right off the West End roundabout at the end of the town bypass.
On Saturday morning, in the first instance please leave your car at your hotel/accommodation if possible (1 more kilometre won’t hurt, at least not in the morning!) Or if you have to drive, please park at the Nevis Centre where there will be designated parking; competitors are encouraged not to park in Morrison’s Car Park for the duration of the event. The Nevis Centre will have hot showers for after the race, and will be the location for prizegiving.
This event takes place in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland and Fort William will hopefully provide you with everything and more that you will need for your stay.
If we can assist please do not hesitate to contact us.
Safety and First Aid
First aid will be provided out on the course. Event Medical Services will be providing cover at the
transition and will have trained First aiders out on the bike course.
This is a list of entries for this event. If you think you should be here and you are not then let us know.
Solo Sen Male1) bikevillage.co.uk - James Davidson
2) 3ft Vert - Gary McIntyre
3) Ford Fiasco - John Charlton
4) Shougle Design - Keith Hutcheon
5) Not alone this time? - Craig Hogg
6) MTB Guisborough - Benjamin Sutcliffe
7) Chicks Dig It - Gordon Hawthorn
8) Moscow London Berlin - Mark Logie
9) team bison - phil taylor
10) team bison - adam foster
11) team bison - andy markland
12) team bison - matt hartley
13) NorfolkAndChanceOfFinishing - Dan Haworth
14) TheWildRiders - Luke Roberts
15) TheWildRiders - Adam Whittaker
16) The Development Racing - Stephen Foster
17) Blazing saddles - Andrew Eames
18) Crazy MoFo - Stewart McKinven
19) Rhino Goo Cleaning Products - Simon Davison
20) Poweller - Mathew Powell
21) Dave Polman - Dave Polman
22) Haggis Super - Peter Davies
23) VOODOO WARRIOR - CHARLES STRONACH
24) JMR - Jim Lyons
25) g & t - Jamie quinn
26) Team Super Awesome - Callum Kellie
27) Bonkers Biker - Fraser Kingscott
28) Personal Incentive - Ross Lindsay
29) Thing 1 - Bob Garven
30) Auchnieve ABZMTB - Russell Gourley
31) J-Dubz ABZ MTB - John Watson
32) ABZ MTB - Martin Byers
33) TrailScotland.co.uk - Derek Shanks
34) The Marras - Andrew Kirkby
35) The Marras - Philip Redfern
36) ABZMTB - Ryan Robbins
37) ManagedResponseMarketing.com - Craig Letton
38) Ruben Mijnsbergen - Ruben Mijnsbergen
39) de coureur - Douwe Schouten
40) Lost - David Harper
41) KMB Racing - Kevin Mc Bride
42) ABZ MTB - Adam OLeary
43) Team Donkey - Andrew Simpson
44) Neil Stewart - Neil Stewart
45) Team 5 Hunner - Colin Grant
46) Moray MBC - Andrew Smith
47) Westland Wil Vooruit - Pakvis Martin
48) Barza!!! - Ronald Barzilaij
49) Dundonald Road Racing - John Appleton
50) Team Shortcut - Kevin Bathgate
51) Tyre'd Knobs - Euan Hamilton
52) Tyre'd Knobs - Stephen Watson
53) ABZ-MTB - Ian Carswell
54) DMC - David McKenzie
55) TheBikelodge.co.uk - Nic Jenkins
56) Team TT - Thomas Thornton
57) Aycliffe Beasts C.C.(TEAM BEAST) - ROBERT LIDDELL
58) Aycliffe Beasts C.C.(TEAM BEAST) - JUSTIN THOMPSON
59) Orange MTB - Adam Proctor
60) Team Kunkel Extreme - Tom Kunkel
61) MTBE - Tony Readman
62) Wakerley Wheelers - Aaron Lord
63) Wakerley Wheelers - Robert Wallace
64) Wakerley Wheelers - Simon Stockton
65) Wakerley Wheelers - Stephen Walker
66) Duff Riders - Al Millar
67) Billybilslandcycles Dundee thistle - Barry Wilson
68) Scott Kirkhope - Scott Kirkhope
69) Rosco - Ross Dempster
70) Go hard or go home - Iain Malcolm
71) Go hard or go home - Ross Girvan
72) Dal Bhat Power - Gavin Black
73) thebikeyard \ ILOVEVELO.co.uk - Ben Neaves
74) The Quantock Hooners - James Potter
75) The Quantock Hooners - Connor Potter
76) Dingle Dugan 1 - Ronan Dugan
77) Dingle Dugan 2 - Sean Dugan
78) Scuderia MTB - Colin McRae
79) Exo Heavy Industries RT - Struan Donald
80) Lakeland Terriers - Gary Cotton
81) Threesome Minus One - Andrew Phillips
82) Threesome Minus One - Mark Chambers
83) ABZ MTB - Kev Harper
84) Venom - Richard Baron
85) Aboyne Nomads/CycleHighlands.com - Kevin Burge
86) Team Leslie Bike Shop - Paul Newnham
87) PMBA / Gisburn Forest Trailbuilders - Kev Duckworth
88) Hardtail Pride - michael clyne
89) HozMacMoz - Ian Holmes
90) Team Thomsons Cycles - Roger Campbell-Crawford
91) Spicy Bikers - Tom Jenkins
92) Snooze or Bike - Campbell Davidson
93) Snooze or Bike - Neil Harrison
94) Spicy Bikers - David Sik
95) Goin roon the Ben - Len Pritchard
96) CU @ the bar - Martin Lovell
97) Dingle Doogie - Douglas Scott
98) Caithness crankalots - Andrew Richard
99) Mackerel and Laphroaig Racing - Chris Weir
100) Saddleworth Wainwright WeightWatchers - Andrew Edmunds
101) Team Chasing 7 - Richard Mackay
102) Brown Line Racer - Scott Barclay
103) Singletrack Bikes - David Macmillan
104) iPlod - Euain Drysdale
105) gravity-sports - richard cowie
106) gravity-sports - gerard cowie
107) Innerleithen MTB Racing - Douglas Shearer
108) B3S - Bob Skinazi
109) Team ibis cycles uk - Keith Buchan
110) Velo Club Moulin - Chris Marquis
111) bikeandskiclinic.co.uk - Mark Brown
112) Durv - Daniel Hall
113) Rossatron Legacy - Ross Jackson
114) Herbies Hillbilly - Fergus King
115) Team Ibis Cycles UK - Chris Buchan
116) McSkippy - Douglas McDill
117) Tyre'd Knobs - Ross Ward
118) Craig Robertson - Craig Robertson
119) In Principle Racing - Tom Mackay
120) Tanuki - Bob MacGregor
121) ABZ MTB - Ben Hodder
122) The Spirit of Shed Lovers UNITE - David Thomson
123) Reet do racing team - Matthew Bibbings
124) Reet do racing team - David Sokald
125) RAF Cycling - BJ Doherty
126) McBoab - Dougie Hay
127) PUSH CARTEL - Josh Varty
128) Rossatron's Poo Patrol - Chris Bythell
129) Fat and the Furious 2 - Keith Bremner
130) Rossatron's Poo Patrol - Steven Currie
131) Individual - Barry Lawford
132) Barry - Barry Lawford
133) Two Tyred - Chris Evans
134) Wigwam Holidays MTB Race Team - Scott Lindsay
135) Innerleithen MTB Racing - Stuart Nicholson
136) bikeandskiclinic.co.uk - Lloyd Patterson
137) Privateer - Ricardo Parreirinha
138) hopetech/ncrt - gary macdonald
139) carrick cycles - paul turner
140) carrickcycles - ross muir
141) Team Inveroy - Ruari Watt
142) Go Hard or Go Home - Craig Turner
143) Free wheelers - Alasdair Hynd
144) Free wheelers - Paul Kennedy
145) Free wheelers - Stewart Shaw
146) ABZ MTB - Richie Halliday
147) JMCS (Glasgow) - Robert Wilson
148) Super Mallard - Nick McArdle
149) Half Arsed Racing - Mike Sproul
150) None - David Kerr
151) Keswick Bikes - Adam Nolan
152) Hardtail Pride - Dave McLean
153) Team Nomad - Iain OMay
154) RT Cycles - Euan Jarvis
155) CIARAN MCMAHON - CIARAN MCMAHON
156) veggie might - sheldon Kilroe
157) Mukyriderz - Lee Easton
158) - - Hamish Whyte
159) Spicy Biker - Michael Aldridge
160) The Beesh Kneesh Baeysh - Pete Scullion
161) Top Bananas - Jonathan Ellis
162) Deeside Thistle - Jack Richards
163) One Ton Weekend - Thomas Hetherington
164) One Ton Weekend - Timmy Colebrooke
165) peestainedhobo - steven lambie
166) Braes o' Fife Militia - Colin McGregor
167) MM - Margus Mets
168) Whinlatter Bikes (non) Pro-Cycling - Tom Dobbing
169) Orange Bikes/ Scenic Pees - Huw Oliver
Solo Sen Female170) Play in the woods - Tracey Cashman
171) The Development Racing Team - Angela Coates
172) ABZ MTB - Karen Mackay
173) Team Kunkel Extreme - Rebecca Martinez
174) Just Me - Sue Walker
175) Team Fika - Linda Hoglund
176) Jayne - Jayne Taylor
177) Herbies Hellbunny - Fiona Walker
178) Mrs Wiggle - Suzy Dickins
179) Scott syncros - Helen Gaskell
180) Helen Gaskell coaching /scott uk - Sarah Newman
181) Team Jus d'Pamplemousse - Katie Palmer
182) Spicy Bikers - Dora Hetherington
183) Spicy Bikers - Christine Dent
184) WCS Race Team - Lucy Ham
185) Merrell Helen - Helen Jackson
186) Progression Bikes - Julia MacLean
187) Dare2b - West Highland Wheelers - Roslynn Newman
Solo Sen Mixed188) WTF Are We Thinking!!! - Lizzy Farley
189) WTF Are We Thinking!!! - Sandy Currie
Solo Vet Male190) BOMBA Squad - Graham Hanratty
191) Race Wombat - Adrian Rees
192) theflyingpaddy - David Cashman
193) Shand Cycles - Russell Stout
194) MTBE - James Pickering
195) Jas Young - James Young
196) Wait for me! - Alistair Lyon
197) SJH 1 - SIMON HALL
198) Cyclewise Altura - Craig scott
199) LABRATs CC - Dougie Philip
200) NorfolkAndChanceOfFinishing - Andy Gilbert
201) Team Positano - Bill Elsden
202) Fat Albert Racing - Dylan Stevenson
203) Fat Albert Racing - Paul Ackerman
204) Brake4Cake - Deepak Shukla
205) Brake4Cake - Simon Page
206) the white roses - james wellock
207) the white roses - stuart sketon
208) the white roses - michael cliff
209) Formerly a Jenni - Bob McGuire
210) Peebles Cycling Club - David Winton
211) Peebles Cycling Club - Richard Semple
212) Proper bob swift - Jonny Baron
213) Proper bob swift - Jonathan Ridge
214) Team Trek - Iain Pittams
215) NoSense Biker - Ian Harty
216) blazing saddles - carl birchall
217) Nae team - Marcus Kirkpatrick
218) Rhino Goo Cleaning Products - Justin Crosby
219) Whisky Chasers - Martin Walker
220) Woodenwheezywheels - Fraser Wood
221) Danny Lansing Adventures - Matt Cartney
222) g & t - John Mackie
223) g & t - Alex Baird
224) Gorille sur bicyclette - Ian Godber
225) RNRMCA - Jon Foden
226) sittin duck - billy brant
227) Should know better - Paul Allison
228) Should know better - Col Sanderson
229) Last1Home - San Kapil
230) Last1Home - Pete Breakwell
231) Westway Wine Monster - Mark Condliffe
232) Oscer- MTBE - mark armstrong
233) Galloway Hillbilly - Andrew Meiklejohn
234) DIG - David Goldie
235) Bentham Terror - David Howard
236) Chicken Legs - Meiklereid Jaques
237) Farticus Maximus McFerran - Peter Mcferran
238) Velocake / Ride for Michael #R4MB - Piers Mortimer
239) Yanwath - Jim Savege
240) young4life - Jimmy Young
241) Team Shortcut - Elliot Anderson
242) davyboy - David Hannah
243) Activity Bug - Ben Glencross
244) Ground Zero Racing - Donald Aird
245) Ground Zero Lead Out - Ross MacDonald
246) DIG - Jim Thomson
247) The fat and the furious - steve munro
248) Dodgergammon - Roger Greig
249) Bagsdad - Neil Landmann
250) Mike Peacock - Mike Peacock
251) Andy Mack - Andrew McAviney
252) All mouth nae trousers - Darren Martin
253) Team Smilesbetter - Kyle Martin
254) All mouth nae trousers - Alan Bird
255) Table 4 one - Chris Cull
256) Bedale - Brian Smith
257) Dal Bhat Power - Carl Beckett
258) Going (US) Postal - Simon Verity
259) The Quantock Hooners - Jon Avery
260) Tinto Hill Runners - Colin MacDougall
261) Soul Rider - Mark Foley
262) Lakeland Terriers - Stephen Dollard
263) Pedal Yatri - John Hall
264) On My Own - Again! - Jim McAra
265) HozMacMoz - Darren Moseley
266) HozMacMoz - Phil Macdonald
267) velo moulin - greig walker
268) cakeriders - Ian Goodman
269) nineonesix-guiding - Jim Sutherland
270) NACC-ered - Dougie Muirhead
271) Reet Nadgery - Steve Blomeley
272) Saddleworth Wainwright WeightWatchers - Mark Davies
273) Achtung MINEN!! - Phil Hulse
274) Aboyne Nomads - Gary Hughes
275) M Steel Cycles - Richard Rothwell
276) John Clyde - John Clyde
277) Duke Nukem - Kenneth Coutts
278) Coull Neep - Barry Coull
279) ETV.KOM - Eric Innes
280) Puggled One - Alan Harbisher
281) Mr Wiggle - Gary Johnson
282) TAEXALI TITANI - Shaleph ONeill
283) round the Ben-d - simon randfield
284) Puggled Two - Richard Salmond
285) whats the worst...pt 2 - James Urquhart
286) Team Fat Gypsy - Chris McCahill
287) IBIS CYCLES UK TEAM - CRAWFORD CARRICKANDERSON
288) Fun Boy One - Stuart Logan
289) Callaghan - Jason Callaghan
290) mcgrath - Phil McGrath
291) Keswick Bikes - andrew wrigley
292) Bicycles - Mark Champion
293) TEAM CYCLYEHIGLANDS.COM/ABOYNE NOMADS - WAYNE BLAIR
294) Team MTBE - Chris Craig
295) Two Tyred - David Kennedy
296) Duffus Express - Tim Clarke
297) Who's idea was this?? - Trevor Kelly
298) tacrolimus - saunders mackay
299) Tyke witat - Ian Wilson
300) carrick cycles - craig macey-lillie
301) Corran Navy - George Maitland
302) Helgas Hitmen - Mike Croning
303) Walkers Cycling Club - Davie Robb
304) Free wheelers - Scott Mac Pherson
305) 4th time mucky - David Allan
306) Singel Track Bikes - Colin Birrell
307) MTBtrails.info - Wayne Boyd
308) Hard Graft - David Hill
309) squadra porcini - iain nimmo
310) crankz - Kevin Hamilton
311) Cyclewise Altura - Ben Bardsley
312) The Quantock Hooners - Chris Davies
313) mtbtrails.info - huckingfantastic - Craig Roberts
314) Gorille sur bicyclette - Liam McHugh
315) carrick cycles - Paul McAndrew
316) The Quantock Hooners - iain Wyatt
317) An Englishman Abroad - Simon Ayto
318) Piper Down - Rory Campbell
319) Abacus - Mike Pescod
320) Broke Back Bikers - Simon Hare
321) Livin' the Dream! - Neil Wright
322) One more time! - Iain Cruickshanks
323) Carrick Cycles - Alasdair Gillies
324) Mack 40 - Steven Mackintosh
Solo Vet Female325) Liz Peacock - Liz Peacock
326) Tinto Hill Runners - Julia Connor
327) Edinburgh RC - Alison Chisholm
328) AlisonC - Alison Clews
329) 3wheels - Philippa Liles
330) crankz - Margaret Goudie
Solo S Vet Male331) chicks dig it - Andrew Ward
332) solo - Dave McGarvie
333) Ford Fiasco - Eric Hall
334) ford fiasco - david eelbeck
335) the white roses - john pitch
336) 92nd - Gary Wilson
337) Bald Eagle Racing - Stephen Faulkner
338) Pushing your Luck - Ian Parkin
339) cheshire cranker #1 - Jonathan Morton
340) P Nutter - Peter Collier
341) Singlespeed Simon - Simon Haslam
342) dvatc - stef holland
343) Ribble Valley CRC - David Kershaw
344) Ribble Valley CRC - David Warren
345) Must be lost - Willie Duncan
346) CU @ the bar - Richard Knight
347) Pale Rider - glenn mccormack
348) Neeps on Tour - Neil Macmillan
349) Big D - Derek Potter
350) Saddleworth Wainwright WeightWatchers - David Meredith
351) Plan Dee - David Hirst
352) Highland Fencer - John Maitland
353) RVCRC - Gary Moor
354) Bob Cherry - Bob Cherry
355) gravity-sports - pete stewart
356) Dulnain Bridge Garage - Duncan Clark
357) Highland Hill Runners - Iain Macdonald
358) Pensioner Abuse.com - Steve Bradley
359) Walkers Cycling - Steve Flindall
360) Team Hooligan - Keith Jackson
361) Dug fae Dulnain - Douglas Anderson
362) JMacD - john MacDonald
363) TATT - Rab Hill
Solo S Vet Female364) Eric Adventures - Julie Morrissey
365) Austrian Bike Mountaineers - Uta Philipp
Read carefully: Non compliance with any of the Race Rules will result in
disqualification of the competitor from this event.
1. Approved cycle helmets must be worn at all times.
2. Road rules apply at all times, on all private or public roads during this event.
3. Riders must not ride more than two abreast on any Highway
4. Riders must ride in single file if impending vehicle traffic behind you.
5. Competitors must keep as far left as possible at all times, on all roads and tracks to
ensure sufficient and safe passing.
6. Competitors must not deviate from the obvious track or attempt to take shortcuts.
Drafting is permitted.
7. Any competitor withdrawing from the race must inform a Race Marshal at the first
possible opportunity after the decision to withdraw is made.
8. Competitors must know how to fix basic mechanical breakdowns (chain break and
repair flat tyres).
9. You are not permitted to alter or cut the event number plate in any way.
10. Event officials reserve the right to remove any competitor if they consider they are not
capable of safely completing the event.
11. Please do not leave any rubbish along the route. All food wrappers drink bottles, tubes
etc must be carried to the finish line and not discarded anywhere along the route
except at the Aid Stations.
12. Anyone seen discarding rubbish will be disqualified and will not receive a time or
position as applicable (take memories or photos but leave tyre marks only).
13. Participants must avoid stock if possible and all gates must be left as they are found.
14. No outside assistance is allowed by support crews to any competitor and no supporters
will be allowed to follow riders on the course.
15. Competitors must read the pre race course briefing notes supplied at registration.
16. Competitors must obey instructions from Marshals at all times. They are there for
everyone’s safety and enjoyment.
17. You are not allowed to swap bikes. You must finish on the bike you start on, unless you
have had a major breakdown and use a rescue bike from the tail end charlie vehicle.
18. To receive a position you must complete the entire course under you own steam.
19. Teams are not permitted to use any sort of towing device except for towing a team
member that has damaged their bike to the point that it cannot be self propelled.
20. For Team category all team members must cross the finish line together for the team
to qualify as having completed the challenge and for merit prizes if applicable.
21. The last team member across the line will be recorded as the team time.
22. Compulsory gear as per the list below must be carried or will result in disqualification.
23. Entries are not transferable. We need to know who is on the course and what medical
conditions you may have so we can deliver the appropriate response in the event of an
• 2 tubes or a puncture repair kit
• Tyre leavers
• Multi tool
• Chain breaker (learn how to use it please)
• Poly prop / Thermal layer top and bottoms
• Serious waterproof jacket
• First Aid kit (gauze squares, tape, an elastic crepe bandage, sunscreen, anti-chaff
cream, insect repellent).
• Whistle in case you go over a bank, break a leg and no one can see you.
• Survival blanket in case you are there for some time whistling.
• At least one water bottle and sufficient food to meet your individual energy needs
for 5-10 hours of riding.
NOTE: Please comply with the gear requirements. We take your personal safety seriously and
do not want to inconvenience you with gear and bike checks to ensure you have complied
with the race rules. Help us to help you.
Recommended Gear - For cold weather
•Poly prop / Thermal beanie
•Full finger gloves
To enjoy this event you need to be able to keep moving for about 5-10 hours. The fastest
time is expected to be around 4 Hours and up to 8 for those ones trying to get the most
value from their entry fee.
You don’t want to carry too much gear so consider carefully the clothing you need and your
The weather can change quickly from extremely hot to snowing in a matter of hours, so
study the weather forecasts and plan for the worst case scenario from that.
The water in the river crossings will also be drinkable
Food & Drink
Recommended for All Riders
Drink: There are numerous stream crossings that contain safe water.
Food: Please carry and consume enough to get you through the event.
Race start 10am.
For safety reasons we are unfortunately obliged to enforce a cut off times for this years event.
If you have not reached the top of the Mamore Descent by 1230 you will be short coursed along along the Landrover track to Mamore Lodge to continue with the event.
If you are not at the top of the Mamore Descent by 1330 you will told to return by the way you came.
If you haven’t reached the spean bridge end of the event by 1700 we will ask you to return with us in an event vehicle.
If you past these points before cut of time. We will wait for you to finish, so long as you are
making every effort to keep moving.
Route Markings / Hazards
There are numerous unmarked hazards on this course, as there should be with a wilderness
adventure of this nature. Potholes, rocks, stock, rutted tracks, steep descents, banks etc are
all part of what is required to be negotiated by the competitor.
Any hazards outside of those expected will be identified and marked accordingly to ensure
your safety. The Course Coordinator does not anticipate any such hazards requiring
The course will not be marked with directional arrows except at critical junctions. The tracks
do not lend themselves to taking the wrong path but where there is major deviation from the
track you are on, it will be marked accordingly.
Event Safety Information
When you are in this environment YOU are the person primarily responsible for your own
safety. We will try to limit the event infrastructure so that it will not be too noticeable during
this event so you can enjoy the course with minimal interference. Please do not drop litter.
You will be a long way from home so you need to ensure that you:
• Carry the compulsory gear as per the race rules
• Ensure you have a well maintained bike
• Have trained sufficiently to ride the distance and stay focused on the hazards and your
own needs for food and water.
• Ensure you complete, on the entry form, any specific medical condition you have that
may affect your well being and or treatment.
• If you come across an accident, you must stop and give all reasonable care that you
can, while sending someone forward (not back) to the nearest Marshal for help. The
• Marshal will call in the situation to the Event Safety Manager so that we can get expert
help on the scene as soon as possible.
• We will have first aid trained Marshals situated throughout the course, in the tail-end-
Charlie vehicle and at the finish line.
Cancellation / Refunds
Cancellation and course alteration
In case of event cancellation visit our web site. www.nofussevents.co.uk
The alternate event day is the Sunday following the official race day.
An alternate course may be put in place by the Course Director in case of extreme weather
and this will involve a to and from course. The entry fee is non refundable, in ceratin circumsatnces we will be happy to transfer the